Healing

God has begun a work in my heart regarding 'healing' and I have no idea why. I know many people who are suffering physically, but my family is not. Most people would feel compelled to study a particular subject while they're in the midst of a tribulation, but here I am, a healthy woman, with 4 healthy children and yet God has placed this topic of healing upon my heart.

He has also brought to my heart that my blog entries are for His purpose and to commit my entries to Him in prayer, for Him to use, to bring Glory to the Father. Perhaps this burden for a study on healing is for you, a reader of my blog. Perhaps it will become a purposeful message to myself in the future. Only time will tell.

I have a small story to share in regards to healing, that He has given me over the last week.

Our little Nosey had a very small 'boo boo' on her chin. We have no idea where it came from, and it was small as my pinky nail(which is quite small as I am a nailbiter *blush* Yes, I confess, I bite my nails)

Over this last week it has grown substantially! It has become apparent that Nosey does NOT like feeling scabs and she 'picks' at them to make them go away. What she has learned from this, and what the Lord has impressed upon my heart, is that it is NOT going to heal if she continues to pick at it. She MUST leave it alone! We have applied Neosporin and bandaids, but the bandaids just 'cover it up'. We thought they would help her to leave it alone, but that has not been the case. She knows it's still there and it bothers her tremendously! Day after day, she has continued to pick at it and it has become a rather large 'boo boo' and is becoming much more obvious to everyone else.

Every where we go people ask her what happened to her chin. She is now embarrassed to answer them. What started out as something small, has grown and become a nickel sized 'boo boo'.

As we go through life, we come upon times when we are hurt or become ill. Do we really commit these boo boo's to the Lord? Do we draw attention to them by picking at them? Only causing them to become larger and more obvious?

I don't know what boo boo you are facing today, and I will not name anything in particular. It is not up to me to bring a particular sin or illness to your mind, as that is the Holy Spirit's position in your life. However, I would like to admonish you to take a moment to pray about it. Ask the Lord what boo boo He wants to heal for you today. Lets leave our boo boos alone and allow them to heal.

If you are suffering from a physical illness, I can say without a doubt, I believe God can heal ALL manners of diseases. Sometimes He allows them and souls have been ushered to heaven by angels after a lengthy physical battle. Yet, sometimes He heals and allows His Glory to shine. Our human mind cannot comprehend why this is so, and that's where faith comes into play. I do believe with all my heart that God CAN heal and WANTS to heal, but I cannot answer as to when and why He does or doesn't. I wish I could, but then we wouldn't need faith.

*Romans 10:17, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."*

If you are suffering from a spiritual illness, I can say again, without a doubt, God CAN and wants to be your healer. I don't know what spiritual battle you are facing today, but you can give it to the Lord. The enemy wants to bring it up to you again and again to keep your heart weighed down. God wants to heal that boo boo.

**Lord, I don't know why you have placed this on my heart, but please use it for your Glory. Heal hearts today Lord. Draw someone special to your heart today, that they may rest upon your promises. In your name I pray, Amen**





Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.

0 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Share SLF