About Sisterlisa

I grew up in Southern California, attending a public school in the Centinela Valley School District, just 15 minutes south of LAX Airport. I graduated in 1990, then moved to Reno, Nevada. I met my husband in Sparks, Nevada at a plastics factory and we began attending a local church together. Long story short, we married and moved to Northern California.

I'm a Stay-at-Home, Homeschooling mother of four children, ages 7, 10, 14, and 17. The three oldest being girls and my last child being a boy, FINALLY!

I volunteered as a deaf interpreter in The Church and taught Sunday School for nearly 10 years, before answering God's call begin Growing in Grace Magazine for girls. My husband is currently the Executive Director at a Christian 12-Step Recovery Rescue Mission and traveling evangelist. I completed my course of study for 'Women Reaching Women, Begining and Building a Growing Women's Ministry' with Lifeway.

I have been speaking locally for one year, alongside my husband. I am working on writing two books, and have my Christian Drug and Alcohol Counseling license. (ACADC, CSAC 1) My greatest pleasure is seeing my children understand God's Word and then seeing them convey their faith to family and friends.

My strongest desire for women to know that God is a BIG God and He can do anything! God really does change hearts today and He desires for marriages and families to remain intact. He wants to give His power to help any woman who has a desire to fight for their marriage and family. The enemy knows that he has a short time and he is battling to destroy our families, we must NOT back down and allow him the victory. God has the victory, we just need to claim that, in His Holy Name!

You can read my testimony *here*.

My devotions at Faith Lifts with 5Minutes for Mom.

Articles by Sisterlisa.





10 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Elizabeth } at: September 8, 2007 at 5:35 AM said...

God Bless You!!!

Knowing you makes me want to be stronger and better Christian! I know at anytime if I need something... or my faith starts to question things... You'll have my back to pull be back to the Brighter days!

God Bless you Lisa! You are a true woman of the Lord, and friend!

In His Love!
Beth

{ Sisterlisa } at: September 8, 2007 at 5:47 PM said...

((((Bethy)))) Thanks for coming by!!!!!! MMMWA!

{ Tam } at: January 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM said...

Wow! you are a most talented, gifted and busy woman! It was fun reading your about section.

Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving such encouraging words tonight. I do believe the book will minister to many women and hopefully save lives!

It's nice to meet you!

Tam

{ Martha } at: April 9, 2008 at 11:50 AM said...

I admire you and I want to follow in your footsteps!! Thank you for showing me the utter importance of being a Godly wife and mother!

With much love, Martha

{ Californiali1y } at: April 18, 2008 at 2:35 PM said...

I think you are definitely a Godly woman, wife and mother. You're an awesome example to all women and so wonderful to come to and ask for advices!!

{ Grace } at: May 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM said...

Just found your blog. Very nice. Will stop by again soon.
Grins!

{ Marilee } at: May 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM said...

It is such a blessing to see a talented young woman being used of God. Luv ya, M

{ MINDY HAMMONS } at: December 16, 2008 at 10:41 AM said...

I have to say lisa u are one of the strongest ladies i watch in our church. With the struggles u have been through in your life.It is a honr for me to call u a friend to me. I only wish i had the heart u do. And that i could be able to do all u have done. U have always been a great friend to me and i have been able to talk to u with all the problems that Tim and i have had over the last few years. I just wanted to say that I'm thankful that i know i can talk to u whenever i need to and u never judge at all.

{ MINDY HAMMONS } at: December 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM said...

THANKS FOR BEING A GREAT FRIEND AND U ARE AN AMAZING MOTHER I HOPE I CAN BE AS GREAT AS U ARE

{ Stretch Mark Mama } at: February 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM said...

Just wanted to say "hi" to another homeschooling mom named "Lisa." I currently have 3 kids but am adopting the fourth, and my hubs works for a rescue mission too. :) Came over here from a tweet about your red envelope idea!

Share SLF