Break Me and Mold Me

Last night my husband and I got an opportunity to discuss some spiritual growth that our family has been experiencing and one thing I mentioned was about being set in our ways. I think many times Christians become so set in how we live our lives that the possibility of God wanting to change our hearts in a matter go unnoticed.

Are we so set in our schedules that we miss hearing our Shephard calling our names? Have we become so accustomed to our traditions that we don't recognize His voice? When will we become willing vessels? Has the time come where we are a hardened glossy dinner plate? Maybe God wants to change you to another vessel, but how moldable are you? If we don't allow God to work with us and we aren't the flexible child of God we ought to be, He made need to beak us and start over.

Jodie had the same on her heart this week and I'd like to encourage you to swing by and see her point of view on this.

Another thing I find interesting is that she is reading a book by Priscilla Shirer and I am too! Although we're reading different titles, we are both growing in the same area of hearing God's voice.

I pray my heart is obedient to His desires so that I can hear Him speak to me, and that I'll obey Him in whatever He asks.

Proverbs 25:12, "As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear. "

He will speak to those who have an obedient ear. God is a wise reprover, just as His own word describes here in this verse. How will He know if we have an obedient ear? Maybe you think you really are wanting to hear from Him and obey Him, but He watches your life to see if you 'are' obeying. Have you obeyed your husband today? Are you following your ministry leaders with obedience? If we're not willing to obey in these things, what makes us think He'll speak to us?

Luke 16:10, "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much."

Jeremiah 18:1-6, "The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. "


Are we pliable moldable clay? The potter can work with us much better if we are workable clay. The potter adds water as he spins the wheel. Have you been reading your Bible? Do we allow the Potter to have His hands on our lives? What area of your life are you so set in and have not allowed God to make the final decision on?

I pray that you'll go see Jodie today and learn how God is speaking to her.

6 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Angie } at: October 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM said...

Excellent post. I'm trying to stay tuned in. I wrote about that several wks ago too. I'll check out Jodi and I also want to see about the author you mentioned. I'm still excited about your new possibility! Take care, friend.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 25, 2007 at 2:05 PM said...

Thanks Angie. Priscilla Shirer at Going Beyond Ministries, google and you'll find her.

{ Joy@Joy in the Journey } at: October 25, 2007 at 2:13 PM said...

You post it right on! So many times as Christians we get caught up in the outward, we miss allowing God to reveal Himself to us!
Thank you for sharing!
Blessings,
Joy

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM said...

Thanks for coming by Joy!

{ Digging for Pearls } at: October 26, 2007 at 7:48 AM said...

Thanks Lisa for your words of encouragement. I find it so interesting that God can be using some of the same things to draw us closer into relationship with Him. Wish you didn't live way across the country. Would love to meet you! My prayer for you, me, and all other women is that we learn the importance of drawing into a deep meaningful relationship with our heavenly Father.

{ Brandy } at: October 26, 2007 at 5:09 PM said...

Thanks for this post. I feel like these last 6 months of my life I have really let God speak to me in areas I had become hardened in. It hasn't always been easy to change, but it is always worth it. When He wants to change our hearts..we better be ready, He can do some amazing things if we let Him! Praise Him that He never gives up on our stubborn selves.

Share SLF