Heart Warming Holidays 1

Our family has a tradition of reading Heart Warming Books for the holidays and I'll be sharing some of our favorites with you throughout this holiday season.

Today we read Star Mother's Youngest Child and I cried!

<<(Click for purchasing)

This tiny book is filled to the brim with wealth and love for your holiday season. I have had this book in our shelf for a long time and I never had read it. Today as we were organizing our book shelf, I stopped to thumb through the story.

I did not know it was about Christmas, however when I examined the cover closer I saw the tree this woman was dragging across the tiny soft back cover. As I thumbed through this book, just lightly skimming it's pages to get the basic content, I cried, no I sobbed.

I asked the children to gather with me on the couch as I read the story to them. Just the other day I mentioned twice that I wanted a simple kind of Christmas. This story gave me just that. Within the simplicity of it's pages I saw the best Christmas I had seen in many years. By the time we were done reading, I was sobbing again and my oldest daughter had tears in her eyes.

I closed the book and every one of my children sat in silence. We then had a discussion about what kind of Christmas we'd like to have this year.

I am not promoting this book because the publisher or author asked me to. As a matter of fact, they have no idea. This is just a book I thought you'd enjoy and I wanted to share it with you. I highly recommend this book to any family this holiday season.

3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Angie } at: November 20, 2007 at 3:03 PM said...

Just what I'm looking for! Thanks Sisterlisa!

{ Tiany } at: November 21, 2007 at 6:57 PM said...

Thank you so much for sharing this book! I look forward to your posts!! You have a lovely blog!

May you have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!

Tiany

{ Silly Dreamer } at: November 21, 2007 at 7:50 PM said...

Hello there... Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! and your book review was lovely too!
I just thought I would stop by and say hello on this blog!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Jocelyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Jocelyndixon/

Share SLF