Is there any room for Him?

Good morning dear friends! As I was reading my Bible this morning and reading my devotions I was inspired by an article over at Proverbs 31's daily devotions. Micca wrote about the inn not having room, I got to thinking about that and wondered about Mary and Joseph.

As I was reading Micca's article, I thought about the new Christmas book I purchased for my kids the other day. Every year I get a new book to read to the children and I can't wait to share this new book with you. I need to be sneaky about posting the title, because it's a surprise and my girls read my blog. ;O)

Anyway it is also about having room for Jesus, which brings me to my next thought. Do we really have room for Him? When we place baby Jesus figurines into our nativity do we think about making room for Him in our lives?

Psalm 119:11,"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

Do we really have His Word hid in our hearts? Do we plant His very words in our hearts through memorization?

Psalm 63 1-2, "God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary."

Do we seek Him early? Are we up to meet God in the morning before the busyness of life overtakes our schedules?

Exodus 20:3, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Do we allow the television to have our full attention before we pray in the mornings? Do we read the television guide or the newspaper before we read God's Word? Are we surfing blogs before digging into his Scriptures that were preserved through the ages just for us?

Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

Have we cleaned our hearts out for the Lord? Is there sin and bitterness harboring where peace and joy should be dwelling?

As we clean up our homes for Christmas, prepare gifts, bake treats, and invite guests to our homes, have we first cleaned our hearts, prepared our lives, served the Lord and invited Him into our hearts?

Is there room for Him in the sanctuary of our hearts? Or have we pushed Him out to make room for the materialistic views of Christmas?

I pray that we will all reflect upon what is most important for Christmas this year. Let's challenge ourselves to take more time for the Savior and be certain that He has room in us this Christmas and even more in 2008. I'd love to hear about what you're doing this year to make room for Jesus in your family.

4 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Jess } at: December 13, 2007 at 9:37 AM said...

Wow, that was a great devotion. I have been thinking about the same thing lately. What am I doing to give Jesus a place in my heart? Doing my devotions every day, or maybe just singing a praise to Him? Whatever I am doing, I will think and dwell on Him, in all His glory, this Christmas season.

{ Angie } at: December 13, 2007 at 5:51 PM said...

Me too, Jess. This is the very message God has been giving me.

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks...you know the song. I'll be one of those on the busy sidewalks finishing my Christmas shopping tomorrow, but I'm taking Jesus with me. We'll spend the day together.

I'm going to get a new book like you suggested and we'll make even more room for Him in this house He gave us.

Thanks for the idea.

{ Sisterlisa } at: December 14, 2007 at 3:36 PM said...

Thanks ladies. I was able to go to the mall today and relax while strolling through the Bath and Body Works store. No stress, just moseying around and 'enjoyed' shopping.

{ A Place For Ministry Wives } at: December 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM said...

This is a great post, Lisa. I love it. Thanks for the reminder.

Share SLF