Teaming Up

You can find me at Faith Lifts today 'Teaming Up With Mom'. I hope your weekend is going well. My husband and I were able to get some time alone last night for dinner, then our favorite palce, Barnes and Noble. We enjoy sipping Starbuck's over a few good books.

One thing we did new on this date that we havent' before, was that we made a list of different things.

The first list was to name 3 things we want to personally work on.

Then we made a list of things we want to work on in our children's lives.

Next we made a list of things we want to do as a family.

One of the things I'd like to share with you is that I want bedtime to be more special. To be with them while brushing their teeth, picking things up with them, tucking them in, having little talks and prayer time.

What kind of things do you want to work on?
Do you have other bedtime routines to share?
Do you team up with your spouse to make decisions to enhance your family?

4 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ ReviewsbyHeidi } at: January 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM said...

You found me! (The sad thing is that I didn't realize that I was hiding!) I apologize for never leaving my blog address when I've commented in the past~ oops!

Anyway, what a productive date night you had with your hubby! That sounds wonderful! My hubby doesn't read much so I'd never get him to sit in a bookstore with me. But, your conversation sounds very productive and has got me to thinking......

I do always read your blog~ now you'll have to keep up with me too (now that you found me!)

{ A Stone Gatherer } at: January 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM said...

My husband and I take turns putting each of our children to bed. I so enjoy just laying there and talking with them. We have read scripture together, and just recently as a family we read "Little Pilgrims Progress" before bed! It was a great read, and our children so enjoyed it! Lately we have worked on less TV. This past week was great, I think most nights the TV stayed off all night! YEAH!

{ Jacque Dixon } at: January 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM said...

This is really good. I love your "wanting bedtime to be more special". I really love that! It is hard with our older children up to do that with the Littles. I do spend a lot of time with the older girls, so maybe Matt and I can work it out to make bedtime more special and more of a routine for our Littles.

I can't wait to get to talk to Matt about these questions and brainstorm and pray about them.

Thanks for the challenge/questions.
blessings~
Jacque
Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths
:)

{ Angie } at: January 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM said...

I've become lax during that time. I used to be so good about it. It seems now I'm so spent that I rush through and go through the motions. As always, thank you for these gentle reminders. It's also time that hubby and I have a dinner together. Thanks, friend.

Share SLF