Treasure Seekers

In December 2007, my entire family went to see National Treasure 2. We LOVED the first National Treasure, and found 'The Book of Secrets' to be just as adventurous. These films inspired my children to want to study their nation's history with such enthusiasm! They enjoyed learning about the secret codes and hiding places of all the clues. Yet, I am intrigued by how much of these films actually remind me of the Word of God.

Nicholas Cage's character had to study hieroglyphics and have a deep understanding of history and the English language, with all it's authentic definitions. He intently searched and studied all the clues to figure out where the treasure was hiding. Many people, including his own parents, didn't believe the treasures were real, but Cage did not give up. He was led by faith to find the truth hidden behind his ancestors past. Cage continued to seek, determined that he would find the truth.

Are we often faced with disbelieving friends or family when it comes to our own faith? God's Word is true and He gives us all His Wisdom in His book, The Bible. Proverbs 2:4 explains to us that we are to seek God's Wisdom as if it were silver.

"If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as hid treasures."

If you knew that your ancestors kept a hidden treasure for your family's inheritance wouldn't you seek for that treasure until you succeeded in finding it? God has written, and preserved His Word throughout the generations so that we could have His wisdom in our lives today.

This year of 2008 is our year to be Treasure Seekers! I do hope you will join me in this quest as we 'Seek' God's Word for His Wisdom in 2008. We will begin our 'Hunt' on February 1st and I pray that you will spread the word to your friends and loved ones to join our adventure!

I have a small tag in my side bar with the code for you to copy and paste into your side bar. Who will join me in this quest in 2008?

8 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Angie } at: January 7, 2008 at 9:06 AM said...

My family will definitely join you on this one. I'll be happy to post that beautiful button on my blog and get the word out. You're always full of awesome ideas!

Jessica at: January 7, 2008 at 1:40 PM said...

I would love to join you on this one Lisa! It sounds like a great idea, and I am really excited about it! =)

{ Digging for Pearls } at: January 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM said...

My husband and I enjoyed viewing the movie at the theatre on our anniversary! :)

{ devildogwife } at: January 7, 2008 at 6:11 PM said...

I just took my daughter to see this movie today. We really enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to doing some treasure hunting of our own with you.

P.S. Thank you for the Barnes & Noble gift card from the Christmas Celebration Tour. We'll have fun finding the "perfect" book.

{ A Stone Gatherer } at: January 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM said...

I love to go treasure hunting, and the Bible is a never ending treasure hunt! I'll see you on Feb 1st!

{ A Stone Gatherer } at: January 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM said...

I love to go treasure hunting, and the Bible is a never ending treasure hunt! I'll see you on Feb 1st!

{ ~christa~ } at: January 21, 2008 at 10:12 AM said...

I just found your blog and I am loving reading thru things...thanks so much for all you have shared - I will be liking my blog back to yours, as well as joining in the Treasure Seekers with you on Feb 1st.

{ ReviewsbyHeidi } at: February 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM said...

Would you believe we just recently saw the first National Treasure movie for the first time?! I had been warned by another history-loving friend that I would love it~ and she was right! We immediately ordered the movie to add to our collection and are anxiously awaiting going to see the 2nd installment. If we wait much longer, we may have to wait for the dvd release!
This sounds like a great idea. I'd love to participate and will put the link on my blog.
Heidi

Share SLF