Under Attack

The enemy has been trying to destroy God's design for the family since the beginning when he deceived Eve in the garden (Genesis 3). Her weakness to her flesh gave way to destruction and caused great woes for her and Adam. Then we learn that her children also had an attack from that old serpent and Cain killed his very own brother Abel (Genesis 4), then Cain was sent away from his family.

These kind of attacks will not cease until the day Jesus completes his work here on earth.(Revelation 22) This week our church is having their winter revival and the theme of the week is The Family. The Family, as God designed it to be, is continually under attack and we must do all we can to protect it. This does not mean to only focus on the kids, it's also marriages. The entire family unit must be protected in this day and age. If you've seen CBN's web page and read the stories they have now, you may sense what I did, in that the world is approaching that day when we will rise to meet our Savior in the air.

Our children need to know that their family is protected and that mom and dad are doing all they can to invest in the family. I am taking notes like crazy this week and am looking forward to sharing with you what God places on my heart! Yesterday we heard from our visiting preacher in Sunday School, Sunday service, and evening service about the family. My husband and I made serious decisions together and we prayed as a family together. One thing the preacher mentioned is courtship. Courting and 'dating' varies from culture to culture, yet we must be sure our views and teaching methods with our children align themselves with the Word of God.

Parents must continue in their walk with God, faithfully, yet so do the children. A mother may wake up and have her devotions, pray, memorize scripture, but how many young girls are doing the same? We must raise up the next generation in a devotional home. Apples of Gold Ministries has a sub-ministry at Growing In Grace for girls tween and up. I hope you'll consider allowing your daughters to study their Bible and grow in their faith alongside other Christian girls at Growing in Grace.

Decisions I made yesterday at Revival:

-To not raise my voice, EVER.
-To spend more time at bedtime with the children.
-Snuggle more with the older kids. They need it too.
-Pray more 'with' my husband.

There's always room for improvement ladies. I'm not perfect and this week at revival sure lets me know that. Although many things he preached about is already in place in my life, I still have room to 'grow'.

Who would be interested in receiving a DVD set of this revival on the family? If there's enough interest I can have a giveaway after the revival is over. Be sure to leave a link to how I can contact you.

8 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ A Stone Gatherer } at: January 14, 2008 at 9:49 AM said...

Amen and Amen! The Family is so on my heart, even as the Director of Children's Ministries. I realize that if the parents aren't teaching the children about faith and a real relationship with God and His Son Jesus then the church can be little help to make up the difference! We need spriritually strong families that worship at home together, that pray together and whose lives are completely devoted to the Kingdom of God! Thanks for the insight! I would love a DVD of the revival!

{ Digging for Pearls } at: January 15, 2008 at 6:50 AM said...

Sounds like a great revival. Hope you are doing well!

{ ~Babychaser~ } at: January 15, 2008 at 10:35 AM said...

That sounds great! I'd sure be interested in such a giveaway! :)

{ Cory } at: January 16, 2008 at 7:28 AM said...

It is awesome that you would share this revival with us. All of us are struggling full time with keeping our families intact and the tools needed can be so hard to find. Thank you for all you do. Cory

{ Gardener Greg } at: January 17, 2008 at 5:53 AM said...

I found you through "Sonflower" and I just want to say Amen. I am shocked to know that there are people out there that are against teaching "Family values" in our schools. I do think it is our responsibilities as parents to teach our children but why be against something as basic as that? Good luck with your Revival. I agree with you totally. We need to teach our children our values and not focus so much on getting them the latest toys.

{ devildogwife } at: January 17, 2008 at 6:57 AM said...

I would be very interested in the dvds. The family is very much under attack. I'm always amazed at the lack of involvement that parents have in their children's lives. It's quite sad.

{ Angie } at: January 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM said...

I agree wholeheartedly. We can't get too much encouragement for our families.

I like your family resolutions.



Maranatha!

{ Morning Rose } at: January 18, 2008 at 12:57 PM said...

Sounds like some great revival meetings! Last night I finished reading None Dare Call It Education by John Stormer, which was eye-opening as to what is happening in our public schools (much of it an attack on the family). We need to be vigilant for our family's sake.

Share SLF