16 Years Today!



Today I celebrate 16 years of marriage to my husband Scott. We chose February 15th only due to the schedule of our family to be sure they could get time off work to come. It had nothing to do with Valentine's Day. As a matter of fact, I do not recommend weddings so close to V day because the flowers are EXPENSIVE this time of year. :P


V day (14th) the year we were married, there was a HUGE snow storm in Northern California. Before my maid of honor and I could leave town to go to my mom's home the snow had hit hard and we could NOT get ot her house. We had to stay in the hotel room with Scott and one of our groomsmen. The next morning My mom's phone line was down. We called a friend who lived near her and she took her cell phone and 4x4 and drove 2 minutes up the road to where she found my mom,dad, and sister hiking in 3 feet of snow from the florist. They were snowed in and with no power, water, or phones.


The friend drove them down to the town where we were staying in the hotel and I also learned that my aunt and cousins(bridesmaids) were snowed in, as was our caterer. The woman who owned the bridal boutique was also snowed in and we HAD to get my dress! My Pastor could not get over the pass through Tahoe and we had to find another Pastor to marry us. After Scott called every Pastor in the hpone book he finally found one that was NOT snowed in. As he went to the church to set up, my dad realized he forgot the key up the 30 minute drive to his snowed in house. The Pastor we were renting the church from was snowed in as well and Scott had to convice the town locksmith that he really wasn't breaking in and that we were scheduled to be wed that day.


My uncle worked for CalTrans at the time and was still plowing snow on HWY 50 in Tahoe and We refused to get married without him, so we waited. We were schediled to begin the wedding at 3pm and were able to get started at 3:20 when Uncle Randy Arrived. :O)


There were 5 other weddings scheduled that same day in the same town that year. Sure would be great to meet THOSE brides!

7 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Digging for Pearls } at: February 15, 2008 at 6:57 AM said...

Congratulations on 16 years of marriage. Loved the wedding photos.

{ Sprittibee } at: February 15, 2008 at 7:07 AM said...

Awwwww. I'm one year and one month behind you. ;) My husband wanted me to marry him in December, but it was too close to my birthday! January was a compromise. My kids are in the winter, too... which makes $ tight all winter long if you add in Christmas as well!

Love the photos. How sweet. I don't have wedding photos - we went to the JP! ;) Well... we did have a reception a few months later...

{ ReviewsbyHeidi } at: February 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM said...

You guys looked so adorable~ still do~ what a great-looking couple!
We'll celebrate 16 years this month as well~ we got married on February 29th, so this is only our 4th REAL anniversary!

Hey, I wanted to tell you that I joined your Latin group at the Lounge, but for some reason, I keep getting alot of error messages that shut my screen down when I try to post over there. Anyway, I'm VERY interested in hearing what you use, etc. I just posted a question about Latin on my blog the other day~ if you have a chance to drop by and check it out and leave me a comment, I'd be forever grateful!

Hugs,
Heidi
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi

{ Elisa @ Extravagant Grace } at: February 16, 2008 at 4:01 AM said...

Congratulations! You are as beautiful today as you were on your wedding day!

{ Miss Amanda } at: February 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM said...

Sisterlisa
Happy anniversary! That is truly wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks for coming by and wishing Levi a happy birthday!
Have a great day!!
Love, Prayers, and Blessings,
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

{ Jenn4him } at: February 16, 2008 at 3:06 PM said...

So lovely!
Jenn

{ A Stone Gatherer } at: February 17, 2008 at 2:17 AM said...

Happy Anniversary, and way to stay with it and not give up!

Share SLF