You're the Photographer

Just yesterday we went to Taco Bell. I wanted to be kind and get some tacos for the children. In the bag was Purple Taco Bell Hot Sauce packets. Purple? Well, that's new. On the packet there was a website URL address. What is this I wonder? I type in the url and it takes me to a vitural photographer activity where YOU are the photographer and a string bikini clad model is waiting for you in a virtual setting. The object of the game is to snap some shots of her. No matter where on the screen you try to manuever the camera lens, it defaults you to her chest and behind. She glares sensually into the camera posing in sexually suggestive poses.

I am appalled! So I call 1-800-TACO-BELL and speak to a representative and explain why this frustrates me and that I am concerned about children finding this website. She says, "Let me go to our site and see what I can find." She types in tacobell.com and doesn't see it, Yet when you click on the purple hot sauce packet it takes you there. I told her that I will not be a patron at Taco Bell anymore unless this campaign stops immediately.

I said, "How dare Taco Bell have an ad campaign like this! Not only is it innapropriate, but to add the link to this website to their own packets is just disgusting." Families who value any kind of decency should call their number and file their grievance. She herself was upset at the description I gave her. She said she would be sure to let them know how I felt and I assured her other families would be calling her soon.

So please call today. Families need to take a stand and let their voices be heard!

James 4:17, "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ darnelle } at: February 26, 2008 at 9:56 PM said...

Just wanted to let you know that I checked on the Taco Bell deal and girl you weren't kidding. Left an email with a piece of my mind and gonna make a phone call tomorrow! Thanks for the heads-up.
Darnelle

{ Jenny-up the hill } at: March 1, 2008 at 7:37 AM said...

Thanks for letting us know about this. I love Taco Bell but will not stand for this at all. I've been boycotting Hardees for ever over their horrible ads! lol!! Also...just wanted to let you know that I got my Starbucks giftcard the other day and I plan on using it while we are on our mini-vacation this coming week! Thanks so much...you have no idea how much I love Mocha Frappuchinos! lol!!

Anonymous at: March 14, 2008 at 3:20 PM said...

ticked me off so bad, i had to do a "taco Bell" "direct Danielle" "boycott" search! thank you for being out there with the same thoughts as i! i thought maybe i was the only one left...:(
I didn't leave a TacBell site comment cuz they want your name/rank/serial number, etc...before they care what you think.

Share SLF