Experience the Resurrection: Book Review


I was asked to read and review this book 'Experiencing the Resurrection' by:

Dr. Henry Blackaby, president emeritus of Blackaby Ministries, is the author of more than a dozen books, including the best-selling classic Experiencing God. He has spent his life in ministry, serving as a music director and as a senior pastor for churches in California and Canada. Today he provides consultative leadership on prayer for revival and spiritual awakening on a global level. He and his wife make their home in Atlanta, Georgia.

Dr. Melvin Blackaby coauthored with his father, Henry Blackaby, the Gold Medallion winner Experiencing God Together. He travels extensively as a conference speaker. He and his wife and their three children live in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada, where he serves as senior pastor of Bow Valley Baptist Church.

As I read through the first three chapters I was rather enjoying their point of view on living our lives as free humans, free from the life of sin. Living IN the Resurrection rather than living in the lifestyle of the dead. I did come to a point where I was unsure of what the authors were teaching as they said explained receiving Christ as that 'free gift' with the closing statement of
'And receiving isn't a one-time act, but a daily decision to walk in the power of the resurrection and experience new life in Christ.'

The Salvation that I know, as a free soul in Christ, is that receiving Christ IS a one time act for Salvation, but a continuing walk in the RELATIONSHIP is experiencing new life in Christ. I wanted to be sure and clarify this before I give a copy of this book away. I'm not sure if the authors meant to come across as if trusting Christ as your Savior, for your entrance to heaven is NOT a one time act or not. I will admit that I'm not done with this book yet and I do want to read further to see what else these two men have to say about that.

In my opinion, this is not a book for a lost person to read that has little knowledge of Christ. In my opinion it is best suited for a Christian who already has a relationship with Christ that would benefit from being encouraged to actually WALK in Christ with the victory that He intends for us to have.

I have one copy to giveaway to one of my readers. Simply leave a reply for me with a link to where I can contact you should your name be drawn by my little Timmy-Man. ;O)

2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Lady Rachel } at: March 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM said...

Hello Mrs. B-
Thank you for posting about our party! Sorry I wasn't able to comment before now. I have not had the time to comment since we now have only one computer online. The dumb laptop was screwed up again. :)

Thank you for coming by and commenting. I am getting my article done. :)

Have a lovely and blessed day, and may the Hand of the Lord be always over you and yours.
Love,
Lady Rachel
Ps. It wouldn't let me comment on the post you did for us.

{ Digging for Pearls } at: March 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM said...

I'm praying that you and your family have a meaningful Easter weekend.
Blessings,
Jodie
"Pearls"

Share SLF