Sing Unto His Name

As I was searching through Bible.com's concordance, using my favorite version of the Bible(KJV), I was blessed by my findings tonight. I was searching for verses that contain the word 'sing'.

I couldn't help but read EVERY single verse that contained the word SING! Now I could just sit here and let my fingers type quickly and share what the Lord put upon my heart, but I'd like to hear from you first.

I would like to challenge you to conduct the same search. Let's make an assignment out of it. ;O)

Read at LEAST 50 verses about the word 'sing'.

Share one of your favorite verses that are about singing.

Share with us how God spoke to you.




3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Lisa Shaw at: March 17, 2008 at 4:51 AM said...

Good morning Lisa,

Since you did KJV I chose AMP. 113 verses with the word sing.

One of my favorites is Psalm 63:7-8
For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice. My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You; Your right hand upholds me.

This Scripture speaks clearly of my heart for GOD, my acknowledgment that He has been and always will be my help and I am forever grateful. How can I not rejoice living my life under the shadow of His wings? How can I not sing praises unto a GOD who is so incredible, merciful, righteous, holy and beautiful?

I grew up singing on the choir but years after I continued and still continue to sing unto the LORD. It's not always singing an actual song but at times singing in a melody from my heart.

This was a good "challenge" as you called it but for me it was just another opportunity to share about our precious GOD. Thank you Lisa and God bless you and the work you do for the Kingdom.

{ Sisterlisa } at: March 17, 2008 at 9:08 AM said...

I read through my Bible and God spoke to me about the importance of singing. My two oldest daughters have developed a desire to sing together and it refreshes my soul to hear them practicing from their rooms while playing their piano.

My girls have opportunities to participate in various activities with their friends, but what will those activities actually be able to 'give' to my girls? They may not grow up to be professional athletes, but they can always sing for the Lord. I have found that spending time learning to sing praises to God is more profitable for their soul than 'activities' for fun. I see them growing closer together as sisters as a result of this time they have together.

Lisa Shaw at: March 17, 2008 at 12:38 PM said...

That's wonderful that your daughter's enjoying singing together and playing the piano. Our youngest daughter who is a teen absolutely loves singing as well as I. She often says, "Mommy I take after you".

Singing (regardless of whether you can hit a note or not) is I believe a beautiful melody unto the LORD's ears. Yes, there are many activities that people can be involved in especially children but the question is what is it sowing into the mind, heart and life of that person? How is it bringing him/her closer to Christ? Even when I scrapbook which is not often due to my schedule, I scrapbook things that reflect my love for God and my family.

I pray the blessings of the Lord over your daughters.

Share SLF