A Nugget of Friendship

Proverbs18:24, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

As I teach my children their English and Grammar, we come across words that are known as verbs. There are two verbs that shine in my eyes in that verse. Those verbs are 'shew' and 'sticketh'. If you have ever played Mad Libs you'll know that a verb is an action word. This tells me that being a friend is more than just saying we're a friend, but we see in this nugget of scripture that friendship is an action.

Is there a friend in your life that you haven't practiced those verbs with lately?

Your Turn:
Share 3 ways you have shown your friendship with someone this week.


1 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Martha } at: April 26, 2008 at 6:14 PM said...

This message reminds me of how lucky I am to have a friend like you!! I've been trying to follow your footsteps and welcome others just like you welcomed me into your life.

I invited a high school friend of mine to church this Sunday and she agreed to come! I am also giving her a ride :)

I also asked a childhood friend of mine to come back to church with me :) she stopped going to church but agreed to come back again, now she is getting baptized this Sunday!!

Also, her husband who never goes to church... agreed to come with her to witness the baptism.

I am so honored to be a part of God's plan, it's amazing!!

Love, Martha

Share SLF