Ministry to Ministry

I have been having a wonderful time in Southern California and tonight we attended a church in the area. The church's secretary knows who my pastor is and her son has attended Bible college with some friends of ours. (Small World)

She asked me about my church and what we do in the ministry and I mentioned that I sign for the deaf in my church. She was so excited because she also signs in her church. She signs every service and asked if I would be interested in signing tonight. I was reluctant at first because we're on vacation, but my husband said I could. There was one young deaf gentleman there and is very nice. I asked him if he would mind if I signed for him. (My husband just walked in and said I'm bragging, butI said,"No I'm *blogging*" and he said, "No, it's bragging Lisa.")

So anyway, I had the honor to sign tonight and what a blessing! In the beginning of the church serivce the pastor allowed my husband to say a few words about his ministry then I signed the message as well. The woman who usually signs asked me how we reach the deaf in our community.My answer was that *I* don't. The deaf reach the deaf. I *do* invite deaf people that I come across, but I don't *know* any deaf people in my community unless my friends who are deaf introduce me. Not that I don't want to reach them, I do!

Tonight I want to commit myself to going out with my dear friends and invite their deaf friends to church. I asked the young gentleman tonight if he had any deaf friends he could invite, to which he replied YES! So, please pray for this coming Sunday morning. :O)

What a blessing tonight! Thank you Lord!


3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Californialily } at: May 8, 2008 at 10:16 PM said...

That is definitely a thrilling blessing! You got to meet deaf people and interpret for them hundreds of miles away! It's awesome to see how God leads you to the right places. We'll have to get together sometimes and I will show you where the deaf in our area meet every month! We miss you here in Chico!!!

Lisa Shaw at: May 9, 2008 at 5:37 AM said...

All to the glory of our Heavenly Father. Wonderful!

God bless you.
Lisa Shaw, Orlando

{ Dana } at: May 16, 2008 at 8:21 PM said...

Hi Lisa!
I didn't know that you sign! How cool! My daughters took an ASL class at our church & one of my daughters would like to sign for the deaf at our church. She has a heart for special needs children also & enjoys working with them at church.
My cousin signs for her husband who is deaf & is Director of Deaf Missions is Council Bluffs, Iowa. When he speaks, she signs for him. It is a facinating language and we have used it with our babies with great success. What a blessing for you to have an opportunity to sign for others.

Share SLF