Secrets

Proverbs 17:9, " He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends." (KJV)

I have a friend that I grew up with since the second grade that I am still friends with today. We have many memories together and have gone through fun times and bad times. She was there for me when I got married, when I came in second place in our elementary spelling bee, and even when I got in trouble and had to serve detention. (Yes, I served detention for chewing gum in class.) There are many embarrassing moments from my childhood and she was witness to most of them. We got to go to fun places together and even got in trouble together, but we respect one another in that we do not tell those things which would bring a heartache to us or others.

It can be tempting to reveal facts about a friend in the midst of a group conversation and you may think it would add to the humor of a situation, however we must be cautious to not humiliate a friend. If they want to reveal a past story, it would be their decision, not ours. I was recently in a situation where this happened to a friend of mine. I couldn't tell where they were going with the conversation until it was too late. What an awkward moment! What do you do at a time like that? The only thing I could think of was to confess that I had a similar thing happen to me too.

Sometimes it helps to alleviate your friend of the moment by changing the focus of the conversation and take it on yourself. I then later sent an e-mail to that blushing friend and told her about one of my most embarrassing moments. Sometimes people tend to feel hurt and embarrassed when something is brought out in the open, whatever you do, do NOT seek revenge by telling one of theirs.

Proverbs 25:18-19, &21-22, "18A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow. 19Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. 21If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: 22For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee."(KJV)
It is better to be kind in return than to seek revealing the secret of another. Let's keep our friends and not separate them.


Apples of Gold Ministries


3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Angie } at: May 26, 2008 at 4:31 AM said...

Yet another word fitly spoken for us today. Thanks, Sisterlisa.

I love the updated site. You've got the touch!

{ Californialily } at: May 26, 2008 at 8:02 AM said...

I appreciate how you wrote about this. You have great insights! I also love how you remodeled the site!! Awesome!

{ Sisterlisa } at: May 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM said...

Thank you Angie and Charlene!

Share SLF