Wisdom For the Obedient

Proverbs 25:12, “As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.”

As I was teaching this verse to my daughter I realized something about my own relationship with the Lord. Knowing that God is all knowing and all powerful, He is also the most wise, as wisdom comes from God.

1 Kings 10:24, “And all the earth sought to Solomon, to hear his wisdom, which God had put in his heart.”

Proverbs 3:19, “The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.”

Solomon asked for wisdom and GOD gave it to him. Realizing that God is the giver of wisdom, I quickly concluded that he is a ‘wise reprover’ and will reprove those who have an ‘obedient ear’.

Proverbs 1:7, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”

God’s word is clear that fools despise wisdom and instruction and since God knows this, I feel I can safely surmise that He chooses to reprove us when we’re obedient.

We wonder sometimes why we feel like God isn’t speaking to us. We sit through a church service and feel like there was nothing for us. It’s as if God isn’t speaking to us. This made we wonder if I am obedient. According to His word he will reprove those with an obedient ear, so maybe that’s why there are times when I don’t hear Him. But just what is 'obedience'? How much obedience si needed to hear Him?

Proverbs 2:7, “He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.”

James 1:5, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

Since we know wisdom comes from God, then lets think for a moment about obedience. Jesus gave us two commands to obey when he was here on earth in his physical form. He said to love God and love others. His righteouesness is only in us, because Christ is in us. It's His righteousness, not our own.

Revival begins with an individual. May the Lord bring a revival to all of us as we seek to know Him. May He find us all with an obedient heart, seeking to separate ourselves to love others, and receiving what He has for our lives. When I found myself becoming more obedient to God in loving Him and others, I was able to hear more of His voice touching my soul. Loving others wasn't something that my flesh wanted to do, it was what His Spirit in me wanted. His life is so magnificent that I died to myself so that He could live and love through me.



keywords: ,

Apples of Gold Ministries

2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Charlene } at: May 31, 2008 at 7:46 AM said...

Beautiful post about wisdom! I learned something new today, that God seeks an obedient spirit and gives the gift of wisdom. Thank you for sharing!

{ Martha } at: May 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM said...

I definitely need to work on being obedient, but now I know I can ask of God and he'll grant me the wisdom to be the Godly woman that he wants me to be. Great post!

Share SLF