How Huge My God Is

I recently received an email with the word "GOD" in it and I just had to click on the hyperlink. What I found was a maze of sites trying to enlighten the average man about the existence of GOD. I found myself interested for the simple fact that knowing about the belief system of others is something that I find fascinating. I found a Jewish site that had a Q&A section. I was scrolling down when I saw a question that I knew I had to know their answer to - IS There Logical Proof That There is One GOD?

I am someone who is always looking for logic. A way to explain my beliefs to those who claim not to believe in GOD or the BIBLE. I opened the page just to see the logic, but what I received was a stark reminder of how truly huge my GOD is.
GOD -- "a Being without definition." The site was using this to illustrate that GOD has no limits. I immediately thought of a verse that I had heard preached by a man in a "youth revival" when I was 16.
Isaiah 48:13, "Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together." (KJV)

Just think about it, GOD has a hand bigger than the entire heavens. So, why do we worry about little insignificant details? I have been wasting my time worrying about how I am going to pay for Bible College in the fall. I have an all-powerful GOD and I am sitting here worrying. It seems a little stupid when put in that light, don't you think? My mother says that worrying runs in our family, but that is just an excuse that I have clung to for too long. Worry is an outright sin. When we worry we say to GOD that we don't really trust Him with our everything.

Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding."(KJV)

Trusting GOD is a commandment clearly given in Scripture. So often we need this reminder to trust. And I know that no one else on earth needs it more often than I do.


Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.
Guest Contributor
keywords: ,



Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



5 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Sisterlisa } at: June 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM said...

Thank you for this Cassandra! I'm currently in a position to need to trust God form some dental care for my husband and I. Your message gave me peace about what we're dealing with. ((hugs))

{ Californialily } at: June 20, 2008 at 11:27 AM said...

That is SO true! I am going through a custody battle and the worry eats away at my soul. I have to remind myself that God is HUGE and my problems are so tiny compared to what he can do for me. This post is a wonderful reminder that everything will be okay, :)

{ Martha } at: June 20, 2008 at 12:11 PM said...

So true, I'm such a worry wart at times but I need to just trust in God and he'll do the work for me :)

Lisa at: June 20, 2008 at 5:32 PM said...

Well said Cassandra.

I was the Queen of worry for most of my life due to my background however after I realized that worry led to an overwhelming amount of unhealthy stress and that can just about kill you so I made the decision that trusting GOD was always the best and actually the easiest because to worry takes FAR TOO MUCH ENERGY out of my life and disturbs my JOY AND PEACE but when I release "it" to GOD I can sleep peacefully, laugh joyfully, digest my food properly and enjoy my time with the LORD, my family and others. To God be the glory!

Lisa Shaw

{ Wendy } at: June 25, 2008 at 8:06 AM said...

Thank you Cassandra, what a great reminder we all need.

Share SLF