Chastening Equals Love

I love looking at globes. I just look at them and I get reminded of God's love for people. I am always amazed when I really stop and think about the fact that Jesus Christ - God Himself - came to earth in the flesh just so that we could be with Him for eternity. I mean, why would He even want us to be with Him after the way we have treated Him from the beginning of time? It's because He loves us. He always did and He always will. Nothing about God ever changes.

Malachi 3:6 a
For I am the LORD, I change not; ...

1 Samuel 15:29
And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
No matter what we do to God He will always love us. That is not to say that we can defy Him or any such thing. God is a God of judgment and righteousness. I am sick of the portrayals of my God as some wimp with the long hair and no muscles. He was a carpenter. How many carpenters that had no power tools would also have no muscles?! My God overturned tables in the temple because the people were defying Him. And He is the same God who "is LOVE".

I think what people sometimes fail to see is that judgment when wrongdoing is happening, is the definition of real love. What kind of Father would God be if He just let all of His children do any and everything they wanted no matter the consequences to their lives?

Proverbs 3:11
My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Hebrews 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Revelation 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

All of these verses speak about God's love and therefore He chastens. The problem comes when we don't see beyond the hurt of the moment and realize the reason for the chastening. Many times the trials in our life are just the Lord trying to get our attention, because He knows that we don't beg for His power any other time.

Wouldn't it be great if we could relieve some of the pain in our lives? God wants our attention on Him., and not just when we have nowhere else to turn. He deserves our praise at every turn in our daily lives. why do we fail to remember Him? I don't know, all I know is that I am probably the biggest offender of this on the planet. I go about my day and I just get so distracted. I was looking over my prayer journal recently and found about 5 entries in a row apologizing to Him for allowing my eyes to fall, yet I still do it. We have to force ourselves sometimes, but it is always worth it to set aside some time just to get to know Him all over again. I have found that my days go easier, people respond better to me, and I just feel better physically when I devote my devotion time to seeking His face. May I challenge each of you to just try it sometime.

By the way I don't mean to say that God is only about raining down judgment on His people, far from it. I just think that sometimes we tend to forget how much He could allow into our lives when we ignore Him. Obviously nothing will ever be more than we can handle, but we tend to disagree with Him about how much that is when we are going through something. He loves us more than any human brain can even begin to imagine, the least we can do is look at Him.

Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.

Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Wendy } at: July 22, 2008 at 3:49 PM said...

Great article Cassandra! I just wrote some verses on my blog today that reminded me of His Holiness, and therefore His judgement upon Israel. Even though he cast judgement (in our case, chastisement) upon them, right there after he was ready to restore them unto us. He wants to do the same thing with us and that is why he chastises us the way he does. Praise Him for caring so much!!

{ Californialily } at: July 23, 2008 at 8:19 AM said...

Wonderful post Cassandra! I know I am going to enjoy all of your posts!

Share SLF