A Friend Will Lift You Up

Does life ever gets too busy for you? Does it seem like you're on a runaway train or fast spinning carousel? My life has become such that! Although the things we're busy with are Christ honoring in helping the men and women in the program through The Well and The Sarah Home, we still tend to get more busy than we need to be. After coming home late and catching up on chores I decided to sit down with a cup of coffee and read some devotion blogs that I know would help 'feed' me tonight. The first blog I went to was that of my dear friend Lisa Shaw.

When I got to her blog I scrolled down and found this awesome article she wrote that was just PERFECT for me tonight! I want to share this with you and know that God worked in my heart tonight from what she wrote.

Then I went to see Charlene and found this article on the VERY SAME topic! Ok so now I know even more so that God is talking to me about this. Just because my husband and I teach God's Word doesn't mean we can miss our time in scripture for our own needs. I spend many hours a week in Bible Study for The Sarah Home and my blogs, yet I need to spend extra time just for my relationship with the Lord as well.

Thank you Lord for these two dear friends of mine who were used by you tonight to speak to my heart. In Your name I pray, Amen.

Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Lisa } at: July 23, 2008 at 5:29 AM said...

SisterLisa,

First, I give our Lord all the glory for any way that He can use my life to touch yours because He's used you so often to touch mine when I visit your blog. Secondly, I'm honored to be counted as one of your dear friends. Please know that I feel the same toward you. It's interesting how the Lord works, as a few weeks back I read your article that involved "The Sarah Home" and I also visited that link and I prayed for you and your husband and everyone involved with helping to these precious people. Remain encouraged. I'm truly blessed by all that you and the other ladies share here. Blessings and peace.

Lisa

{ Californialily } at: July 23, 2008 at 8:23 AM said...

I am honored to be counted as your dear friend and I consider you one of my dearest friends as well! I wrote that entry on my blog because I was struggling with the same thing, so you're not alone! I think we all struggle with that because God is not in the physical form, pulling on our arm and saying "come spend time with me." We have to find a quiet time to seek after God so that we may hear his voice. I think it's splendid that you're busy doing the Lord's work which is better than being busy with worldly things! You're awesome!

{ Wendy } at: July 23, 2008 at 9:48 AM said...

Isn't it wonderful to have godly friends? ;)

Share SLF