I Don't Need The Easy Way

So often I feel like a weakling in the faith. I look at myself in this horrible state of flesh and start lecturing myself. I know in my heart that it is human nature. I also know that God is waiting to forgive if I will just ask Him.
I John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
This verse always makes me think about the story of the prodigal son. When the father went running to meet the son who had hurt him so badly. I just don't like it when people telling the story stop there. that is not the end and we can learn so much from the rest of the parable.

People always seem to forget the other son and how faithful he was. He stayed home and worked while his baby brother left and spent his entire inheritance.

There is so much to be learned from his reaction top the party that his father threw.
Luke 15:28
"And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and entreated him."
The son was mad that his little brother was being granted forgiveness. He had been working and waiting patiently while his brother squandered it all. I think he felt a little betrayed. almost like he should have been out ruining his life, that it made little to no difference.

Sometimes we get to thinking along the same lines. It is all a lie from Satan himself! The good we are doing matters, not only to God - though obviously most importantly - but also to those watching us. The other women in your life are watching you: older, your peer group, and younger alike.

When we are doing what God wants us to we receive untold amount of blessings. When there are that many blessings they tend to spill over on those around us.
Psalms 23:5c
"...my cup runneth over."

All of this makes me want to stay in the will of God for my life, even when I feel like its a struggle. There will be times I feel like its too hard, but the blessings far outweigh anything else. Easiness is far too often overrated. I don't need things to be easy, I need to do what God says to. I don't want to miss out on any of the things God wants for me. I hope you all feel the same way.


Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.



Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Wendy } at: August 31, 2008 at 1:05 PM said...

ITA, thank you for your insight Cassandra!

Lisa at: September 1, 2008 at 5:20 AM said...

Cassandra, good blog. This is a parable I haveread for many years. Having both a prodigal adult daughter and a teen daughter that loves God, I can fully embrace this Word.

One thing that we've found very useful over the years is that we taught the younger one who loves God to pray for her older sister and keep her heart open to be used by God to bless her and draw her back to the Lord along with us praying for her and doing the same.

I know God is working within her heart and one day she will walk again with the Lord for good!

Good reminder. Thanks for writing it.

Lisa Shaw

Share SLF