Picture Perfect

We toured through this old gold mining town and learned a lot about our local heritage. The weather was 'Picture Perfect', I just can't describe to you how perfect it was! The sun was warm but not too hot; the breeze was cool, but not too cold. It was the kind of weather I would think might be in heaven. Days like this don't come along very often, yet when it does I soak it all in!

The one thing I can tell you, without a doubt, is that while it seemed 'Picture Perfect', I still got a bug bite on my arm. Did it ruin my day? Oh no, absolutely not! One imperfection wasn't going to ruin my beautiful day.

How many times do we have an imperfection in our day and we think the whole day is ruined? God doesn't expect our days to be perfect, as He already knows none of us are perfect, yet He still loves us.

Romans 3:10, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"(KJV)

God doesn't expect us to be perfect, yet we can sometimes expect that our day will be perfect and when we see an imperfection we struggle with graciously letting that imperfection go. We focus right in on that imperfection and blow it up so big that it tends to blur our vision.

Let's try to be thankful for the beauty that God does give us each and every day and not worry so much about the little bug bites along the way.


(Previously posted at Growing in Grace Magazine)

Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Cassie or Cassandra } at: August 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM said...

thank you so much for this article. so often I try to be "perfect" and I get frustrated with myself when I'm not. I needed this reminder - thanks again.

{ Sisterlisa } at: August 16, 2008 at 10:30 AM said...

That day of perfection won't come until the Rapture dear friend. See the Rapture video at Jess's blog.

{ Sallie } at: August 16, 2008 at 5:45 PM said...

Love the blue sky in the pic!!

You just have to remember to say "Praise you, Jesus!!" with EVERY THING you are faced with..

Hope you have a blessed weekend!!
Sallie

{ Wendy } at: August 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM said...

We've had some wonderful weather here lately. I know just what you mean. The weather is perfectly warm, yet classic to NC, the leaves are starting to turn in some of the trees. I was thinking the other day how we have the best of both worlds come August and September!!

Share SLF