Serving God With Your Talents

I love writing in nearly all forms, but my favorite has to be lyrics and poems. I do my best to convey my thoughts about and to God in these works. Sometimes I think that when I write I can just throw my thoughts out on paper and they all just seem to fall into place. That's what I love about writing for God.

When I was younger I was doing anything I could to cling to the worldly views on life. I wanted to be a singer in the pop or country world. Therefore that is the kind of music I was trying to write. It never came out as good as the things that I write about now.

I learned a valuable lesson about doing things God's way through that experience. No matter how hard you want something if it isn't God's plan for your life, you will be miserable at it. I wanted to be a singer/songwriter so bad that it was all I really cared about, but now as I look back I can't imagine why I wanted it at all. I was watching television the other day and I saw some of the girls that I had wanted to be just like surrounded by paparazzi and not doing anything good with their life. I can hardly believe that is what I wanted for myself. The thought sickens me now.

God wants us to make a choice. We can't do things to please Him and to please the world, we have to serve one or the other.

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Luke 16:13 "No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.'
Some people think that in this verse mammon refers to money, but the actual reference is all the things of this world. Yes, money is an obvious when using this verse; and in my case the fame would have brought money. But so much more important than any cash is the purpose behind it. Are you trying to get money so that you can serve God better? Or is your desire something selfish or temporal? These are the kind of questions you should ask when you are looking to make money.

Things also just work better for a Christian who is totally sold out to God. Yes, there will be some form of persecution, but it gets to be so obvious that it is coming from Satan and that he wants to stop you. I find it funny sometimes how he thinks he can beat God at anything. The point is God gave us everything, all He wants in return is our whole heart and life spent in His service.

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Beseech means beg. Why do we have to wait until the God who saved our soul is begging? We, as Christians, should just be waiting to serve Him.

I just want to share with all of you something that I wrote recently, I think it kind of goes with this article.

You are my God and Savior
You are my Guide and Maker
You are all that I should fear Lord
Keep me in Your will

You are my Heavenly Father
You are my shield
You are the One who showed me
Whosoever will

You are my one Companion
No matter where I stray
You are the only reason
I'm alive today

Make me Yours to keep
I no longer
Want my own way
I know the cost's too steep

Keep me in Your loving arms
That is where I want to stay.

(Song under copyright protection)



Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.

Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Sisterlisa } at: August 16, 2008 at 10:27 AM said...

What a sweet song you have there Cassandra. I think of two talents God has given me and that is Sign Language and writing. Not sure I have any others. :P But I do enjoy serving the Lord this way.

{ Sallie } at: August 16, 2008 at 5:43 PM said...

You write very well... beautiful!!

God bless,
Sallie

{ Wendy } at: August 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM said...

Amen! That's a precious song Cassandra.

Share SLF