Waiting Is Well Worth It

God has a different time table than we do. People always say "God's timing is perfect." and so it is, but sometimes we get impatient anyway. It is a cycle of disobedience. people always criticize the children of Israel as they were wandering and I can understand why. They had so many signs and wonders, yet we still doubt His promises.

I will always hold to the idea that our doubt is because we live very impatiently. Young people today are being brought up with amazing resources at their fingertips and with us everywhere we go. I think the availability has quickly become a detriment to our Christian lives, not for what we are looking at or who we are talking to, just because of the sheer speed of everything.

I sometimes catch myself sighing in impatience as I wait the two whole minutes that it takes my laptop to fully log on. Then I remind myself that two minutes is absolutely nothing when we think about the fact that our whole life is just like rising smoke.

James 4:14,
"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

God wants us to wait on Him for the things we need and desire. It really is true that if we rush we ruin. His plan for our life many times needs to be spread out over a period of time for it to be the right life.

I look around at my friends in bible college and they are trying so hard to figure it all out now. I do it too, but God tells us not to. So I am working really hard at accepting His timing for my life. His timing is a major part of His plan.

There are so many Scriptures that talk about waiting.

Psalms 40:1,
"I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry."

Psalms 25:5,
"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

Psalms 130:5,
"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope."

Psalms 145:15,
"The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season."

Isaiah 40:31,
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Obviously, if we can make ourselves be patient, our loving and almighty God will reward us.
By the way, I feel the need to point out that patience with God's timing includes doing what we already know to do. It is so much more than sitting around saying, "I'm just waiting on God". He won't reveal anything if we don't already obey Him.

Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.

Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Martha Leah } at: September 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM said...

I admit, I definitely need to learn how to be more patient. I want results NOW and often grow discouraged when it takes time. I even catch myself wondering if perhaps, God's daily planner is overcrowded with scribbles lol. I enjoyed this post and it hit the nail on the head, thanks!

{ Californialily } at: September 7, 2008 at 9:22 AM said...

Wonderful post! This encouraged me to wait in a more positive way instead of being impatient. We think God is slow oftentimes but he always arrives at the perfect time. :)

{ Wendy } at: September 9, 2008 at 10:49 AM said...

Great article!! I've learned that if I don't learn something the first time, God will always bring me back to it. So if I don't want to "repeat", I need to choose to sit and wait :o)

{ Cassie or Cassandra } at: September 11, 2008 at 2:40 PM said...

I had already forgotten how God was working on my heart on this matter. Then this morning I heard a message all about sitting still and waiting on God. It is reallly amazing how many times it takes me to learn something - and I wrote this article!!

Share SLF