Seek Him Early

Proverbs 8:17, “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”
This verse keeps me remembering how I need to be awake early in the morning to spend time with my Lord. At the same time I can look at this verse and realize how important it is for my children to seek God at an early age.

If you read verses 18-20 you will see that he describes his riches and honor, how good his fruit and revenue is, and how in the midst of judgment he leads the path of righteousness.
In verse 21 we see why we should be seeking him early.

Proverbs 8: 21, “That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.”

Christians often forget that God is a God of judgment. We don’t like to think about God as a judge each day, but we should. Yes, He leads us in righteousness, but when we choose not to follow Him, then we purposefully place ourselves in judgment.

Proverbs 8:36, “But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all them that hate me love death.”

Maybe you don’t think that disobeying God is actually hating him. But keep in mind that without faith iit is impossible to please Him. He even tells us that a parent who doesn’t discipline their child when he sins, hates him. God places a great amount of importance in obedience. You may remember that Sunday school song on the topic.

O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E, obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.


Now think of the opposite. If we do not obey then we are showing that we don’t believe. So why do we obey? We obey because we love God, but what are the consequences if you don’t obey? Is the thought of knowing that your fellowship with God is broken when you don’t obey the focal point of why you are motivated to obey? That would be a very good reason. Yet we also need to keep in mind that we don’t want to disappoint God. He does have to judge in order to be just. When we willfully commit sin, then we must face and suffer the consequences that may come with that sin. Thankfully God is not only just, but he is also merciful, but let’s not abuse that mercy.

God’s Word says,
Matthew 5:48, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
Does that mean we are without sin? No, of course not, but our goal should be to be perfect. Far too many Christians use the excuse, “Well I’m not perfect no one is.” as an occasion to sin. This should not be so! We should always be seeking Him and seeking to please Him. If we truly live in the Spirit we can overcome any sin that comes our way.


Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Share SLF