End Times

by Sisterlisa

There are 3 theories of the 'rapture' although the word rapture is not even in the Bible. The pre-trib, Mid-trib, and the taking away of all saints when Jesus returns at the end of the tribulation.

One thing to keep in mind is that the book of Revelation is not in chronological order to the exact verse and chapter. They overlap. I liken this to when you read a story and they use the word 'meanwhile', meaning along this same time. I am not making this up or just stating my opinion as you study the book of Revelation you will see it is true.

Matthew 24 is very clear that some things must happen before the Anti-Christ takes his reign, which is what many believe it be the first half of that tribulation time. The things listed there are already happening and the Bible calls them the beginning of sorrows. In the Old Testament he likens it to the labour pains a woman in travail feels before a baby is birthed.

People are wondering why we're still here since millions and millions of people believe in the rapture. Shouldn't we be gone by now? A very wise gentlemen keeps telling me to know what I believe and why I believe it. So I keep digging until I find proof of what I believe.

The noble men of Paul's time search the scriptures diligently to make sure that what he was saying was in line with scripture. We also have that same opportunity. God never intended for us to just take someone's word for it. We are a priesthood of believers who are given the same Word as anyone else.

So have you ever researched the 3 theories of the rapture to see what the Bible really says? God does not make his Word hard for us to understand, but He does give us His instructions on how to understand it.

Proverbs 2:4, "If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;"

Job 3:21, "Which long for death, but it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures;"

I have more to share, but I wanted to encourge you today to know what you believe and why you believe it. If you really want to know what God's Word says about it, pray and read.



Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.




Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



7 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Martha } at: January 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM said...

Wish you could see my arms, they're covered in goosebumps!! I am SO excited, I pray God takes us home soon. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story, I feel like a kid the day before school starts. Eager and hopeful :)

{ Serendipitymom12 } at: January 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM said...

Aww, how wonderful! What a thrill! I haven't experienced that coming to me, but if I try to imagine as deeply as I could, I can sense the thrill of seeing my Lord. Once I had a dream that we were all waiting for Jesus to come inside a building and I felt more excited than I can ever remember being that he was coming.

I can't wait for that day. I wouldn't mind if it happened today!

{ Rona's Home Page } at: January 9, 2009 at 5:23 AM said...

I remember when I was saying my wedding vows and I actually felt a warm sensation being poured over me! I knew what it was.
Thank you Heavenly Father!

{ Cathy Nagle } at: January 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM said...

Your description of this encounter with our Lord is beautiful. From time to time I sense a similar depth of His presence. I'm getting teary eyed.

{ Robyn } at: January 11, 2009 at 8:14 AM said...

Hi SisterLisa-
Here is an email I got yesterday from Elijah Ministry- enjoy!!!

Mystery Roar from Faraway Space Detected
Teresa Neumann (January 10, 2009)

Could the Lion of Judah be speaking?

(Long Beach, Ca.)—An astronomical team led by Alan Kogut of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center has discovered a strange noise from the "distant reaches of the universe" that booms far louder than anyone expected, according to an article in Space.com.

Arecibo Obervatory for listening to spaceThere is "something new and interesting going on in the universe," said Kogut. "The universe really threw us a curve. Instead of the faint signal we hoped to find, here was this booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted." (Photo: Arecibo Observatory/Space.com)

Notes the report: "Detailed analysis of the signal ruled out primordial stars or any known radio sources, including gas in the outermost halo of our own galaxy. Other radio galaxies also can't account for the noise—there just aren't enough of them."

"We really don't know what it is," said team member Michael Seiffert. "This is what makes science so exciting."

Read details on this new development in space by clicking on the link provided.

Source: Andrea Thompson - Space.com

{ Angie } at: January 15, 2009 at 10:14 AM said...

Oh, sweet fellowship.

Do you know this song by Chris Rice?

How far are you, how close am I
I know your words are true and I don't feel them inside
Still I believe you'll never leave
So where are you now

You're all I have, You're all I know
Your breath is breathing in my soul
Still I am gasping, aching, asking
Where are you now

Cause I just wanna be with You
I just want this waiting to be over
I just want to be with You
And it helps to know the Day is getting closer

Every minute takes an hour
Every inch feels like a mile
Til I won't have to imagine
And I finally get to see You smile

My journey's here, but my heart is There
So I dream and wait, and keep the faith, while You prepare
Our destiny, til You come back for me
Oh, please make it soon!

Cause I just wanna be with You
I just want this waiting to be over
I just want to be with You
And it helps to know the Day is getting closer

{ Winging It } at: January 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM said...

I wanted to tell you thank you for your beautiful scripture tags. I am making a new blog and you had some beautiful pctures with God's beautiful words. Thank you for your creativity and sharing!

I loved this post, also! This sort of intimacy has been on my mind very much lately. I think we are all becoming homesick! :)

God bless!
Maria

Share SLF