Swine Flu Mirrors Laodicean Church

The Swine Flu organism mirrors that of the Laodicean Church and all the signs of the beginning of sorrows have already begun and the labor pains are intensifying! When we had the election Christians were praying for the future of our nation as well as the states facing the marriage initiative. We missed the most vital part of those prayers which was turning from our wicked ways and really seeking His Face!

Christians were praying for what THEY wanted without turning from their wicked ways. If we want healing we MUST repent and seek His Face, not his hands while we keep our pet sins in the video cabinet and the junk food that causes obesity in our kitchen cupboards. We MUST turn to God and ask HIM what sins are in our lives and how HE wants us to change.

How DARE we expect God to change this nation for us and NOT do what HE wants us to do. We can't change our nation, states, counties, or the churches, but we CAN change our families. Each family is responsible for their personal growth in the Lord. Each family MUST seek God's face and repent. Are we living in a day where we think we have NOTHING to repent of? How naive we would be to think that. Every one of us have areas we MUST submit to God and remember that God DOES send His wrath on the disobedient, even His own children.

If you think this Swine Flu is not a big deal and you can keep living life as normal, thinking God's hand of favor is upon you, plesae think again. Remember the sin of Moses when he smote the rock disobediently. A one time action caused him and those who followed him to die before reaching the Promised Land. God made them to conitnue wandering until the younger generation grew up. They were the ones chosen to go. He didn't let ALL of them in.

Balaam was a hard headed stubborn man who did not want to listen to God's warnings and the people under his leadership SUFFERED by remaining under his leadership.

Take some time today to read Revelations chapters 1-3 again. Dig deep into the description of each of the churches.

The church of Ephesus:
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

The church in Smyrna:
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

The church in Pergamos:
I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

The church in Thyatira:
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last [to be] more than the first.
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
The church in Sardis:
I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

The church in Philadelphia:
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The church of the Laodiceans:
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

So which church are you in? Keep in mind the Church is NOT a denomination, yet the Body. But what Body are you joined to? Are you a professing member of a Body of Believers that are committing any of the above sins? We would be a very naive people to think NONE of these churches describe the local Body we are joined to. So what do you do now?

2 Chronicles 7:14 "
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

2 Timothy 3 " 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

2 Timothy 4 "3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Again we are a naive people to think we are in the RIGHT church. We owe it to ourselves, our families, and the people in the ministries we lead to DOUBLE CHECK everything we are doing and come before the Lord God before the judgment hits us.

1 Peter 4:17, "17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

How dare we think we will be protected in a membership of a church. He said His judgment BEGINS there! God already knows the heathen are wicked, He is angry with HIS people who are living wickedly.

Matthew 24: "11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold"

God gave me a dream and He has shown me the meaning thereof. Dear Believers, now is the time to repent. Don't wait any longer.

1. Get alone with God Almighty and turn your face to the ground. Confess to Him and ASK Him to SHOW YOU your sin. Psalm 139: "23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

2. Clean House! Whatever God brings to your mind, get rid of it, confess it, renounce it. 2 Corinthians 4: "2But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."

3. Humble yourselves and pray! Will you wait like Pharoah did? No matter which plagues came he hardened his heart and would NOT repent and let God's people go! He waited til the last plague, the death of all the first born. How long will you wait before you seek His face, turn from your wicked ways, and repent?

God's judgment is here dear people. We know it will only get worse. We know we are already in the Laodicean Church Era, it has already been prophesied that THIS church era WILL see the great and terrible day of the Lord. We'd be far more naive and deceived if we think there is a secret departure that gives us a 'get out of jail free card'. When will the Church, the Bride of Christ wake up?


Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.



Apples of Gold Ministries

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ faithforlife } at: May 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

I agree sister. We cannot just assume that because we go to church that we are right with God, cannot assume that we will automatically be protected from everything that comes.

Everyone of us needs to look to Him in these times. Our church membership cannot and will not save us. There is no 'right' church, only the one God is calling you to, only the one where His word is being preached.

But having said that there is no right church I must say there are plenty of wrong ones. Ones that do not preach the word of God, that pander to modern culture and allow things which contradict the word of God in the name of political correctness. Basically the churches that teach everything will be okay if you come along on Sundays.

As a sort of an aside, a few years ago I read of a lady who wnet to her pastor to ask him about something he had said during a sermon. His basic reply was that she read the Bible too much.

My exhortation is the same as yours Lisa, read the Bible and pray, it is the only way to go forward.

Hope I am not off topic here.

blessings

Trish

{ Martha } at: May 4, 2009 at 12:04 PM said...

A family member told me yesterday that the Bible was not accurate and it caused my body to tremble with fear because I knew we were wandering off the narrow path to the Lord. We need to immerse ourselves in the Bible and not rely on a childhood pastor to tell us how to please the Lord. Sadly, too many people obey the Pastor's misguidance without giving the Bible the final say. I am struggling with that in my own household and I am praying that we will humble ourselves before the Lord. We need him, more than ever.

Share SLF