A Great Man of God?

I have read about this in the Bible and I wondered what you all have been taught about what a false preacher is?

Let's start in Matthew 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

They will come in His name saying He is Christ.

I used to read that and say "false preachers will claim to be Christ"

But how would that deceive us? We would KNOW they aren't Christ.

Then I read it again and thought WOW. They will come and say He IS Christ. That's how they will deceive.

Acts 8:9-10, "But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: To whom they gave heed from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is that great power of God."

Do you know what sorcery a preacher uses to bewitch the people that would make them think they were following a great man of God?

I don't think God's people would follow someone who was casting potion in a black cauldron. I think we'd all know better than that. So how does a false preacher like Simon get the people to think he was so great, to where they thought they were following a man of God? And how do preachers today do the same thing?

Manipulation: to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose.

The word artful really catches my attention. Artful:: adroit in attaining an end usually by insinuating or indirect means.

Sounds crafty to me. Crafty: adept in the use of subtlety and cunning b: marked by subtlety and guile.

I think we've seen those two words before. Subtlety and guile.

Guile: Middle English gile, from Anglo-French, probably of Germanic origin; akin to Old English wigle divination — more at witch Date:13th century
1: deceitful cunning

Wait a second! A witch? Divination? So manipulation is a form of Witchcraft!

Genesis 3:1, "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"
Oh that's where I saw it before. Satan, the serpent was subtil to Eve.

Genesis 3:13, "And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."
Oh he used his subtilty to beguile Eve. There's that word guile!

He used God's very own word to MANIPULATE her into thinking she was making the RIGHT decision.

So now we know where manipulation comes from and who empowers others to do the same.

2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ christy rose } at: June 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM said...

Sisterlisa,
Hi I came over here from Charlene's. I have been following her blog for a few weeks now and I have found that she speaks of a revelational understanding of the New Covenant of Grace that so many people do not have. She gave a link to your site here and I had to come and check it out. I am so glad that I did. I feel such a connection to your hearts here. Are you all friends in real life? Do you go to the same home church together? I have read a couple of your past posts and agree with so much of what you have written. I am going to follow along with reading what you are hearing from the Lord. I would love to get to know you all better. You could stop by and check out my blog too if you would like. It is a little more just about me and my family and my relationship with the Lord as I and my husband depend upong the Lord to guide us in raising them and loving each other.I am trusting in His grace and mercy to enable me to be a Godly mom and raise Godly kids.

God has been revealing to me the misconceptions in the church concerning the New Covenant, His grace, and Old Covenant, His Law, and how we have tried to mix the two together for about 10 years now. I am beginning to hear a little here and there of others speaking of this revelation as well. That is exciting to me. I will come back and follow your posts and comment to let you know that someone out here is standing by you in your venture of getting the Truth out there into the world. And know THE TRUTH WILL SET THEM FREE!

I am excited to get to know you all more.
Christy

{ Sisterlisa } at: June 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

Welcome Christy Rose! Yes I know Charlene in real life. We fellowship together. Are you on Facebook? Many of our home church gathering are on there together. It certainly has been a revelation, a true revival and we are so honored to have been given this gift from God. We are very happy to have you as a fellow sister in Christ.

I also was taught for 14 1/2 years about The Law being mixed in with Grace. Charlene and I will be writing more as the days go on. We are so excited about the direction the Lord has given all of us. :O)

I will come see your blog now.

Share SLF