Revelation of Revival

There is a word I have been hearing over the last few months that has been nagging at me to research in depth, that word is 'revelation'.

In the Greek it is 'Apokalupsis' which comes from the word 'Apokalupto' which means:




1. to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up
2. disclose, make bare
3. to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

There are 12 scriptures that contain the word 'revelation' here they are:

#1 Romans 2:5
"But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;"

#2 Romans 16:25
"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,"

#3 1 Corinthians 14:6
"Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?"

#4 1 Corinthians 14:26
"How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying."

#5 2 Corinthians 12:1
"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord."

#6 2 Corinthians 12:7
"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure."

#7 Galatians 1:12
"For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."

#8 Galatians 2:2
"And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain."

#9 Ephesians 1:17
"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:"

#10 Ephesians 3:3
"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,"

#11 1 Peter 1:13
"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;"

#12 Revelation 1:1
"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

It is clear to me that God has it in His plan to revel Himself, His Son, and His Holy Spirit to us. For the past several months God has made His Living Word, just that, LIVING! In all the years I attended a worship center (some call them churches), I have not had this kind of understanding of Hos Holy Word before. All I can say is that it is by revelation!

Just as Saul (Paul) was struck down with blindness and His Son revealed Himself to Paul, I feel as though God has done the same to me. God brought me to a place of extreme spiritual thirst and hunger to where I was literally begging God for a revival. In January of 2009, I began fasting and praying for a revival. Although I did not know at the time just what kind of revival God was going to give me. One of the nights I was fasting and praying, He reveled His Holy Spirit to me and I KNEW His presence had filled me in a way I had not experienced before.

He opened my spiritual eyes, that had been blinded for so many years. Although I had been reading the Bible and listening to sermons, I was only getting a small surface understanding of the Word. It was after that night that the Holy Spirit began to be my Teacher.


John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

1 John 2:27, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

It is by the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit, that I live now. I have not known this kind of abundant life before. I have been experiencing a revival like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have seen miraculous intervention by the Lord in lives of people I fellowship with. Maybe you have already been living this kind of life, and if so I am so happy for you! Yet for me, this is a time of healing and growth of which I am so honored to have been chosen to receive from God Almighty.

I'd like to ask you if you have ever lived this way before? This understanding of Grace is beyond my human comprehension and I pray for God's power to equip me to relay to you what he is showing me. If you have not experienced a revival before, then I would like to encourage you to seek Him. Fast and pray for HIS presence in your life. If we think we have His fullness then we are sorely mistaken. I am not sure my human brain and heart could experience all of His fullness in this realm of humanity, but after experiencing this time of my life, I am REALLY looking forward to seeing His return. More so than ever before.

Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.




1 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Teri Lynne } at: September 14, 2009 at 4:06 AM said...

What a joy to see your passion for the Word of God! I am thankful to be a part of a vibrant church community where we challenge one another to grow and strengthen one another as we come alongside each other. It is a joy to work through struggles and conflict in the body of Christ and see the Holy Spirit give us direction. I believe the church itself (local churches and the great Body of Christ) functions at its best when each believer accepts and embraces his or her own part ... and we can only know our part as the Holy Spirit reveals that to us.

Share SLF