Direct Communication

Have you ever had a conversation with God? I don't mean a one sided talk. This is more than just prayer. I mean a true conversation when you can feel His answer in your heart and mind as you are talking to Him.

Don't worry I haven't pulled a Joan of Arc or a Samuel. I am not saying there is an audible voice. It's more like a thought that you know you didn't come up with, or hear, or read, or see on TV. It's when you know that no one else on the planet could put what you need to hear into words better than God Himself.

I have those kind of conversations sometimes. Many times I am busy begging Him for something and then I feel this overwhelming peace that catches my attention. That's when I hear Him. He gives me the knowledge that it will all be all right in the end.

Acts 18:9-10 "Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city."

But my favorite is when I am praising Him or admiring His work. It helps me to remember that He created us for fellowship with Him. We were created to bring Him glory. Nothing is more important than our time with Him.

Isaiah 43:7 "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."

I love knowing that He sees our every detail of life and that He really does care. And because He cares, He watches us. That seems simple and elementary, but when it becomes real in your life it is very profound. It is awe inspiring!

Genesis 16:13 "And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?"

Then there are the times that He has to remind me of things. This particular area of conversation happens a lot in my life. I am a forgetful person by nature. God is working with me on this area continually. Thankfully He never gets sick of re-telling me things. Even when those things are: "Stay out of that area of town", "Don't hang around that person when you are weak", "Keep your focus on me", and most often "Trust in MY timing!". How wonderful it is that we have a God who cares enough to say it again.

Isaiah 8:11 "For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, ..."
1Samuel 9:17 "And when Samuel saw Saul, the LORD said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people."
Sometimes He whispers in my ear and other times He knocks on my head. Either way, I know He wants my attention and my time. The problems in my life just escalate when I don't give them to Him. That being said, my goal is to make it so He doesn't need to knock on my head.

I love my conversations with God. They are a vital piece of my daily walk in Him. When He reveals things to me I can't help but praise Him.
Ezekiel 1:28 "As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."
The Bible mentions DIRECT communication with God one hundred and seventy-two times. That is not counting all of the times that He speaks through His messengers, whether they be angels or prophets. I think that means He wants to have that kind of communication with us all time. We should remain open to it.



Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.



0 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Share SLF