Gift of Healing

God has been stirring in my heart about healing for quite a while and yet it is a difficult topic to find women discussing. There seems to be a lot of doubt in the power of healing in today's society. I recently visited a rather large fellowship where they had missionaries testify of witnessing healing in another country on a missionary trip. People clapped in glory to our Father and nodded as if they believed them yet there sat a crippled teen girl in an electric wheelchair. What's wrong with this picture?
I prayed, "God, if they believe in healing why don't they pray for this girl?" He gently answered me with, "They don't really believe it Lisa." So I inquired again, "Lord, what can I do?" He replied, "They need their faith to be built up again. Speak of my power and begin testifying of me."
A month later I developed a 'female infection', you know the one. This kind of infection is absolutely awful and none of us feel comfortable with the type of examination you need just to get a prescription. So I prayed about it and began praising God for His healing. A few minutes later I experienced a warmth and then it disappeared. All the symptoms ceased to exist and I knew it was God who did this. Praise Jesus for this healing, glory to the Father!

Now this is not exactly an easy testimony to share among male friends so I couldn't really talk a lot about it. About a week later I developed an ear infection. It hit me suddenly one morning right after I woke up. Again I prayed and began praising God for His healing. Again I felt that warmth in my ears and it disappeared. No more ear infection! Wow, healing twice in one month!

Last week my husband woke up with an awful flu bug and about two hours after I woke up, I started having the same symptoms. Everything that goes along with the flu and I was planning on having a fellowship in our home that day. I couldn't get sick, I had company coming. I prayed yet again and began praising God for His healing. Within 15 minutes it was gone. Not only did I feel better, I felt fantastic!

I am not a scholar on God's healing, but I know He still heals. I don't think there is any 'magical' kind of prayer you can say, I'm not even sure where I stand on the notion of me 'having the gift of healing'. But I do know that God heals and I believe we need to begin to walk in the reality of His power.

Mark 16:17-18, "17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

  • Have you ever experienced His supernatural healing or witnessed it?
  • Do you believe in His healing power for today?




Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.




5 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Miss Charlene } at: August 15, 2009 at 12:43 PM said...

Wow, this site looks really cute! I like the coffee theme :) Great job Lisa!

{ Sisterlisa } at: August 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM said...

Thanks Charlene.

{ Lady Jess } at: August 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM said...

Amen! I believe this with my whole heart! Thanks for sharing!

{ Christine Read } at: August 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I, too, have wondered why there seems to be such a lack of healing in so many churches. I think your words are well-spoken and very faith-inspiring. I know that God heals as well, and am encouraged every time I hear a testimony, because He is so able. I wonder if many times people are influenced too much by the culture of unbelief we are surrounded by as well as too much emphasis on the health care system which says to go to the doctor first and pray later if you think it might help. We should at least call upon the name of our Lord and Savior who is the Master Healer first! Thanks so much again for your post!

Blessings to you!

Chris

{ Sisterlisa } at: August 18, 2009 at 8:05 PM said...

Thank you for posting, Christine. He is our great healer and certainly can do far more than a human man with the label of 'doctor' that's for sure. :O)

Share SLF