Free Mercy

by Cassandra

I was enjoying a meal at a local buffet restaurant when something hit me. I was finished with one plate of food and the bus girl asked if I was going to get more. She was teasing with me and said that one plate could not possibly be enough.

Getting one plate of God isn't enough. We have to have a constant diet of Him. We cannot just rely on His grace and mercy for our eternal salvation. He wants us to live in it.
Philippians 3:16 "Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing."
Colossians 2:6 "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him."
If we are going to claim our eternity through Him the very least we should do is live in the reality of walking in Him. He did not save us to get us simply for eternity. He saved us to a life that can be used completely and fully for His glory.
Ephesians 4:1 "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,"
If our lives are going to reflect Christ in a real way, we have to be conscious of it. We can't just say "Yep, I'm saved. Christ lives in me". It is so much more than that. That is not to say we can do anything about it. This is not even a daily struggle. For most of us it is minute by minute because we are still human and our flesh doesn't want to give up the reigns. We just have to guard our hearts and minds so that we don't slip into the easy road of walking in the flesh as opposed to Christ's Spirit.
Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."
We are dead but Jesus Christ Himself is alive in us. It is a miraculous thing and far too often we take it for granted. I think we tent to forget that He did not have to come and die for us. We could have been under the law for all time, but He chose to save us, to offer us His free mercy. We as His people should choose to walk in Him and let Him live through us just as much.
Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."
  • Are you living in the reality that Christ is alive in you?
  • Do you keep it in the forefront of your mind that He saved you for life?
  • Does it come to mind that He wants to fill you at all times?

I know that I am still in the purifying fire myself, but I thought I would share how He has been speaking to me lately.


Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.




6 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Teri Lynne } at: September 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM said...

"For most of us it is minute by minute because we are still human and our flesh doesn't want to give up the reigns."

So very true! I see this in my life all the time. I think the maturing of our faith happens as we learn to immediately respond to those issues rather than letting them "pile up."

{ Brooke McGlothlin } at: September 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM said...

Thank you for your thoughts! The Lord is disciplining me to live moment-by-moment in light of the cross. Each minute of the day the Lord is reminding me that nothing I will ever go through could even come close to comparing to what He suffered on the cross for me. Each thought, each word, each careless action speaks to my understanding of the cross and what it meant for Him to die for me. To some it might look like a stressful life, but my longing is to be so joyfully in love with Jesus that my heart would break when I've broken His...or better yet, that my heart would break at the mere thought...

{ Brooke McGlothlin } at: September 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM said...

Thank you for your challenging thoughts! I think the Lord is disciplining me right now to live my life in view of the cross. I'm reminded that there is nothing I can ever experience that even comes close to what He endured on the cross for me. Each thought, each word, each careless action speaks to my understansing of the cross. Some might see this as a stressful life...but my desire is to be so joyfully in love with Jesus that my heart would break when I've broken His...or better yet that my heart would break at the mere thought...

{ pjmomof3boys } at: October 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM said...

I'm so glad you shared this! I love hearing what God is laying on other people's hearts! What's been amazing to me in the five years or so that I've had a real relationship with the Lord is how awesome it is when He is constantly in my thoughts. And those times when I realize that I haven't been walking in the Lord for a few minutes or a few hours (or sometimes, a few days), I mostly feel sadness at the missed opportunities I had to be guided by my personal Holy Spirit. I used to let anxiety and fear rule my thoughts, but now the Holy Spirit has taken their place. What an amazing transformation that's made in my life! You're so right, though, it's a minute-by-minute struggle not to get caught up in the ways of the world, and it's refreshing to hear that other Christians struggle and stumble as well. But at the end of the day, to know that our God will welcome us back into his arms, no matter how far we've strayed? How cool is that?

{ Jennifer Sikora } at: October 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM said...

Most people don't get that Jesus wants to fill our lives and our beings every single day. They are mistaken and think that it is a one time effort.

Thanks for bringing to the light what living for Him really means!

{ jenny } at: October 10, 2009 at 5:22 AM said...

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans
We have to desire this and the Lord will enable us to do it.

Share SLF