The People Belong to God, Not Us

by Cassandra

AGMinistries
One of my favorite things about God is how in tune He is to each of our individuality. He knows exactly what each of us needs and just how much we can handle. I think that is why we can still have high standards and not be legalistic. Technically one of the main characteristics of legalism is expecting other people to live by your standards and judging them harshly if they don't. Well, my term for that is pharisee. Jesus was continually getting upset with the pharisees for their attitudes.
Matthew 23:27, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."
Another thing I love about God is that He is merciful and forgiving. I have noticed in my own life that when I am forgiven of things I am more willing to forgive others when they hurt me. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Luke 6:36-37, "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:"
I think the main thing I have learned is that, even if someone is doing what you think is wrong, all sin is against God. Let Him be the one to deal with them. The people belong to God not us.

Hebrews 10:30, "For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people."


Cassandra is a single young lady in search of a deeper walk with Christ. She is pursuing her college level studies from home and blogs at Content of Praise.

0 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Share SLF