Who is Your Christ?

Yesterday my six year old son, Timmy, woke up with a very swollen red eye. I have no idea where he got pink eye from, we haven't been around anyone with pink eye, but none the less, he suffered all day yesterday. We did all we could to treat it naturally and wanted to watch it for the day before deciding to go see a doctor. Last night it looked better, but Timmy came to me just before going to bed. Timmy reached down and grabbed my hand, placed my palm over his eye and said, "Mom, can you please just pray for my eye to get better?"

Oh the faith of a child! "Of course I will honey!" I prayed with him, over his eye and commanded that illness to leave him, asked God to bless his eye with health, by the power of the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. We praised him for his healing touch and declared Jesus is God, our Savior and the almighty Healer. I asked God to bless my son's faith in Christ as His healer and to show Timmy he certainly CAN trust God with this. He woke up today SO much better. I praise God, our almighty Healer! Jesus Christ does indeed still heal.

I personally have experienced His healing touch a few times this summer. Something hit me one day while I was pondering his healing today and here is a question I want to ask. Where does it say in the Bible that Jesus EVER, passing by the sick, lame, or crippled said, "I'm sorry, You need to stay that way. There's a purpose for this" and walk away? Where does it say, "Sorry, I can't help you, go talk to Luke." It doesn't say that! Jesus IS our all in all. I'm not opposed to seeing a doctor, I'm not saying someone with diabetes needs to refuse their insulin shots. What I am saying is we should be going to Jesus Christ for our needs.

Keep in mind the direction the United States is going in with health care. Will we always be able to have health care? What would God do for us if for some communistic reason we can't get proper health care? Would God allow us to suffer illnesses that are not curable? If we are under the shadow of the Almighty, we are protected and being in Christ makes us heirs to the throne. We really need to begin to walk in the reality of our authority in Christ our Lord. He promised us this,
John 14:12, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." Mark 16:18, "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
Don't get nitpicky with me and ask me the ever so famous skeptical question, "Then why aren't you healing all the people down at the hospital?" For I could ask you the very same question. We are heirs to the throne, a royal priesthood of believers, able to live abundantly and greater works we are to do, because Christ told us we would. So what really is the problem here? Many doubt the healing power of Christ. Maybe that's the real issue. Has the faith of God's people waxed dim over the years? In the New Testament we read of people who waited at Bethesda for an angel to stir the waters and be healed. Many lived the majority of their lives, waiting for one chance to be healed. Many were not able to jump into the water, no one was there to assist them with getting into the water.

Ezekiel 34:1-5, "1And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

3Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.

4The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.

5And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered."

Before Christ came, the priests had the power to heal the people, but they ceased from their labors to live according to their own desires. Is that not what we see today? Leaders who call themselves pastors who don't really help the flock? How many wealthy preachers do we know that live luxuriously while their congregations lose their homes and live in poverty. Is this what Christ meant for the pastors when he said to be an example to them? So is this the example we are to follow? Live for our selves and don't worry about the poor and the sick? Perhaps if we died to self and really sought Christ, we could see His power of healing today. Yet shall His power of healing be given to someone who can't give up all they have and follow Christ?

Are we to be seeking the power of healing? No, I believe that if we have truly died to self and allowed Christ to resurrect in us, then these things will come naturally and upon His leading. I feel that when we attempt to do anything of ourselves, we then make ourselves into our own god. When our Lord, Christ, walked from town to town it was not for the purpose of seeking out all the ill, but to save the lost, then healing came to those seeking Christ. Yes some of them wanted healing, but they knew who to go to for the healing, Christ our Lord. It's all about Christ and has nothing to do with us.

Do I have the power of healing? No, Christ has that power, I simply asked and He graciously gave. If we allow ourselves to think 'we' have the power to heal then we have missed the whole purpose and we become a god to the people. All glory must be given to God, not to be received of ourselves. What kind of Christianity do we have in the world today? Have we forsaken Christ because the pastors receive us instead? Is it the pastor who we go to for help and healing? Have we turned the human pastor into our Christ? God forbid! Let us always be cautious of seeking a man to do what only Christ can do. In the Old Testament they were supposed to go to the pastors, but now Christ is our Great Shepherd and we can go directly to Him for all our needs. He will not fail us and he will never lie to us.

Ezekiel 34:9-16, "9Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;

10Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

11For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

13And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

14I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

15I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.

16I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment."

Jesus Christ is seeking YOU. He wants to feed you, deliver you, and protect you. Are you seeking Him back?





Sisterlisa is a homeschooling mom of four children and married to a ministry leader of a Rescue mission. She is the owner of Growing in Grace Magazine and AGMinistries.




2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ ~Renee'~ } at: September 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM said...

Amen! God does heal.
Bless your babys HUGE heart :)

I want to thank you for sharing this :)

{ Sheri } at: September 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM said...

Constantly seeking Him. You can read about it on my blog. I have gone through a horrible time of depression and am finally coming to realize WHY I have fought it. Today I mention it briefly. And Thank God.

Share SLF