Jesus Christ and The Homosexual

God has been working on my heart about something for quite a while and today he finalized it with me. When I share with you what He told me many Christians might call me a heretic and want to hurl rotten tomatoes at me with all their might. This is a highly controversial topic all over the nation and in religious circles in every country. When I drove through my favorite Starbuck's drive through, God spoke to me about the person taking my order. It was a man with a friendly, but feminine voice. Was he a homosexual? I don't know he didn't say, but God spoke to my heart. He was clear on what he wanted me to tell this man when I drove up to the window.

He took my card to pay for the coffee, then as I was waiting for my coffee to come up he asked how I was doing. I replied, "I'm doing great and God spoke to me back there when you took my order. He wants me to tell you something." He smiled and said, "Ok what is it?" I said, "Jesus Christ loves you and just wants you to love Him back." He was astonished and said, "That's exactly what my mom keeps telling me!"

I felt in my spirit that he is a homosexual and regardless of whether or not I have discerned wrongly, the message is the same to all homosexuals. Jesus Christ does love you and He seeks for you to love Him back. When you're ready, he is waiting. He stands at the door and knocks. He doesn't ask you to clean your life up before you come to Him. He simply says "Come".

The notion that we must repent BEFORE coming to Christ indicates that we can somehow get all cleaned up on our own.  

Ephesians 2:9, "Not of works lest any man should boast"  Titus 3:5, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

You see it's Jesus Christ who washes us, He regenerates us, according to His mercy. The renewing is of His Holy Ghost. We can't clean up our lives in order to have Christ, we have Him simply because He offered himself up for us. I have been grieving about the condemning spirit that seems to drive 'Christians' into pointing fingers at homosexuals, when the beam of legalism in sticking out of their eyes. Many 'Christians' who claim that they love Christ and condemn a homosexual to a black hole of judgment and demand that they repent of their lifestyle before they can get saved is heresy. We are not 'sinners' because of things we do or don't do in this life, it is because we were born in 'sin'. "As in Adam ALL die". Wherefore by ONE man's disobedience sin came into the world.

The other thing that grieves me is that these very same 'Christians' are convinced that these men and women are condemned to a black hole of judgment because of that ONE thing. Let me be very clear with you about what I believe. We are in judgment until we choose Christ. Plain and simple. The greatest thing that I believe keeps us in judgment is that we think we can somehow manage to "Do" something to clean our selves up to be able to have the 'ability' to trust Christ. We do NOT possess anything in or of ourselves to trust Christ. We are to simply choose Him. We must repent of self will and allow Him to humble us. We are the Alabaster box that the woman brought to the meal where Jesus sat.The box of self will that must be broken in order for His Holy Spirit to flow from within. She used her hair, which is quite humbling for a woman to do, to anoint His feet with the precious oil. Our self will, trying to clean ourselves up with self righteousness, is not going to save us.

Dear homosexual, your relationship with Christ our Lord is not dependent upon whether or not you 'do' anything or 'don't' do something. Whether you think you are right or wrong about your sexual preference, that has no bearing. Jesus Christ simply said to call upon His name and repent from 'self'. We need to realize that we do not have anything of ourselves, no ability to get clean before we can receive Christ. If that were so none of us would enter into His rest, because NO ONE can get cleaned up enough for God.(Romans 3)

I wish to humbly apologize to all those who are hurting because of the self-righteous spirit that controls those who claim to be God's children. They are mislead and misinformed of who Christ really is. Even I am guilty of speaking about lifestyles that I believe are unlawful. I have done so with condemnation, but God has shown me my errors. I do value the holy life that Christ offers us, but we can only have that if we have truly trusted Christ in His Righteousness to be our righteousness. When I trusted Christ, I was judged as a loathsome sinner by many Christians. I didn't have to 'do' anything to have Him as my Lord. Over time, as my relationship with Him grew in his grace, He changed me. I could not change myself. There will no doubt be other things in my life that don't get changed before my physical body leaves this world. I will not be perfect until I see Him face to face. Until then I am clay in the potter's hand.

I firmly believe in walking in the Spirit of God and allowing Him to change us. I do not condone behavior that is not healthy spiritually nor physically. Yet if I am going to speak judgment and repentance to a homosexual just because of that lifestyle, then I must also speak the message to myself about me being overweight. I have many beams in my own eye to deal with. I have no place to preach condemnation to anyone else, no matter what other religious people say about 'lifestyles'.

Rejoice for the kingdom of God has come, and that Kingdom is Christ our Lord. He loves you and asks you to simply love Him back. Walk in the Spirit, and grow in grace.

Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

*Should you hurl those rotten tomatoes at me for publishing this article, than I gladly stand in the way so the homosexual can come to Christ without your condemnation hitting their souls and smacking them down into a black hole of judgment. We should not be stumbling blocks that hinder people from coming to Christ.













Share God's Love with Greeting Cards by DaySpring

29 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Lesley } at: October 18, 2009 at 3:56 PM said...

What a wonderful post! I have to say that I think this is the best as of yet. You are encouraging all people to look to Christ and that is what WE all need right now. To condemn someone before they can fully grow in their faith is horrible and it's so nice to read an uplifting post about what we can do to help others.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM said...

Thank you Leslie. I took a deep breath before I hit 'publish'. That beam is not easy to pull out, but when Jesus pulls it out, He causes us to see clearer.

{ Dana } at: October 18, 2009 at 4:51 PM said...

Lisa,
That was not an easy post to write nor publish. But your boldness is inspiring & I appreciate your obedience to the Lord in speaking to the young man at Starbucks. I pray that his heart will be softened and can recognize if the Lord is calling his name.

{ Molly } at: October 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM said...

AWESOME!!!!!! WAY TO SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE! The Truth may not always or even hardly ever be the popular thing, but the Truth always moves things, in our hearts around...like it or not...When Truth is given in Love and with a compassion that is of our Maker, it is solid and even if it is not excepted, it may just pop up at a time when God can use it..when a heart is more open or less self motivated....If that makes any since... I am always blessed when I hear the Truth being shared, there is a place in your spirit that just KNOWS, if you care to see it for more then it's appeal to your emotions or convenience...I don't care about hearing candy coated words, I crave Truths and love to hear them..
I went to a Woman Of Faith Conference and was devastated...The Lord spoke to my heart the whole day IN SPITE of the speakers...
I was so heart broken that so many woman would gather and not hear a single word of submission and serving their husbands, serving and praying for their homes/families...There was soo much said that appealed to the TIRED mom or screaming kids and what "YOU" need...most of the speakers had been married more then once or twice...I could hardly believe how much patting on the back was taking place in place of the truths that we so disparately crave in our World today...Where was the talks on our purpose and the BEAUTY in loving regardless of our emotions...
we are not to be ruled by our emotions and yet today we RUN with them, we dwell on them and live by them, we tenderly care for them at any cost....
I know this is off topic, I just think i am not big on writing much these days and yet have wanted to share some of these thoughts for so long... Especially after going to a seminar yesterday where TRUTH was spoken and the Lord was THERE and REJOICED!!!!! I am so inspired to share...so maybe I will blog it soon.
Thank you so much for speaking Truth in love so beautifully..
This is not only a hard topic to talk about, it is a HUGE and HARD thing to know how to act and handle now that it is soo common and openly around us... We can not be afraid to confront this within us head on and hear what God has to say about it, not what SPEAKERS OR CHURCHES OR PASTORS ECT say... We need to go to the Word and be effective by the way that we LOVE!!!!!! 1John 4:11
Eph 5:1...WE ARE CALLED TO WALK IN LOVE...TO WALK in it...We are so dearly loved even those of us who do not know Christs love yet...and who should be seeing Him so clearly in the way that those to proclaim Him, to KNOW Him, LOVE..DAILY LOVE! Practically love, in big and ever so small ways...we are being watched! They will Know HIM by our LOVE, which is only through HIS LOVE!
=)
Awesome stuff that you shared..
I am blessed and glad to hear what God is showing to you! How GREAT a God we serve that He tenderly meets us where we are and speaks truths to our hearts no matter what this World screams if we will listen and seek Him.

Ruth at: October 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM said...

Fantastic - wonderfully written and absolutely the truth! Too many Christians in their attempts to save souls absolutely ARE stumbling blocks for the unsaved, therefore turning them away for good.

{ Rose } at: October 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM said...

Beautifully said. Christ loves us, all of us, He died for all of us. He does the healing and cleansing. The only thing standing between salvation and any sinner is thier rejection of Christ sacrifice.

{ Dawn } at: October 18, 2009 at 5:31 PM said...

Thank you for posting.

{ Teri Lynne } at: October 18, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

Excellent! So true ... and so heartfelt. I appreciate your risk in this post and the heart that is willing to take the insults so someone else can see the Christ who loves us all so deeply!

{ Devildogwife } at: October 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM said...

We are to hate the sin and love the sinner. Sin is sin. We are all sinners and would be going to hell if not for the blood of Christ.

{ Aurora @ Undertransformation } at: October 18, 2009 at 8:08 PM said...

Lisa, what a wonderful post. You wrote beautifully things that I have felt and thought in my own heart. We have to be willing to be vessels of God's love, to be salt that causes ALL people to thirst for Jesus and the life-giving water He offers. I have always thought that Jesus would never have treated homosexuals the way so many in Christian circles feel so comfortable doing. I'm always moved when I read the gospels and see how He interacted with so many that were lost and hurting...the woman caught in adultery, the woman at the well, the rich young ruler. All of them needed to hear His gentle loving voice. He gave that to them. May we all be more and more His mouth piece to those who are lost in sin, regardless of what that sin is.

Thank you for being brave and very courageous!

Blessings,
Aurora

{ pjmomof3boys } at: October 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM said...

Wow . . . Wow . . . I love this post, Lisa! What a faithful servant you are. I love that you had the courage to give the man at Starbucks God's message for him. Love it! And hearing you say that you will stand in the way and take the abuse for those who are being persecuted fills me with joy and hope. I have really been struggling with this very issue because I have two family members who are gay, and I just cannot look at what loving and thoughtful people they are and think that God would completely write them off because of their chosen lifestyle. We are ALL sinners. And I love how you said that no one can be expected to "clean up" before accepting Christ's offer. Lovely, lovely words of encouragement, Lisa!

{ homeschool101 } at: October 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Thank you friend for posting this. It is so true, regaurdless of the lifestyle led, when we come answering Christs call and receive his love we can not expect to have our life together. If we waited until we got our life cleaned up it simply would be to late. Christ is our strength to help us clean our life up. With out him our life can not be clean no matter what we do.

It seems the Lord is really speaking to all of his children, Sadly not all of his children hear the call. I have posted several posts related to similar circumstances of what you posted. Thank you friend again for this post. I will refer many to read your post. God bless you richly for your obedience.

{ Serena Woods } at: October 19, 2009 at 7:22 AM said...

The notion that people have moved beyond God's love is absurd and infuriating. The only message that sends is that the sacrifice of Jesus was not good enough. His grace is sufficiant. The end.

{ Digging for Pearls } at: October 19, 2009 at 8:33 AM said...

Just stopped by to say hello. It's been a while. I still am blessed by your helping me with my blog header. Praying God's blessings on you today.

{ Reborn } at: October 19, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

This is great Sisterlisa! I would love to read more articles on this topic in the future if you're so inspired... :)

I have thought many times how disconnected most of Christianity seems to be from those struggling with sexual identity. It's like we've made it into THE unforgivable sin. People who are obviously gay or transsexual or whatever are considered vile and disturbing and untouchable... we distance ourselves and look at them like they're from Mars.

I don't know the answer to "How?" but I just KNOW there's got to be a way to minister to these folks in a healthy, loving, helpful way.

{ Jennifer @ Quiverfull Family } at: October 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

Amen and Amen and Amen. Just in time to share with a dear woman in need who emailed me today. Thank you for gutting it out!

We all need Jesus - gossips, homosexuals, legalists, and thieves alike :).

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:03 AM said...

Reborn, and we know the ONLY unforgivable sin is blasphemy of His Holy Ghost. When your path crosses that of a homosexual, tell him Jesus Christ loves him and just wants him to love Him back. When they see 'Christianity' take the right stand, which is to tell of Jesus' love, then He will do the rest by His power. They should be given the same opportunity to grow in grace as we give everyone else.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:07 AM said...

Jennifer, I know it was God who told me to write this, in my flesh I would have feared writing it, even though I knew his message is right. How many Christians will do what it takes to love the sinner and take the backlash? I still have reservations about people who do other things, but this hurdle God brought me over. I know he'll change me in time. We all become far too judgmental and through that spirit, which is a pharisee, we hurt rather than help. I think if people have a stronghold of fear to show love, at least don't show hate. We need to not be a negative representation of our Lord. I pray this message will help your friend. I pray for God's anointing to be in your words and you share His love.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:14 AM said...

Dana, I do believe God is calling his name, and all of ours. While he is calling a homosexual to love him, he also calls us. We are in Christ and He tells us to repent of this churchianity version of Christianity. Christianity as whole has been either too soft or too hard and makes it so NO ONE wants to be a Christian anymore. It's not so much a matter of whether or not we reach out for Christ, but HOW are we doing that? Do we reach out with a whip to beat them first THEN tell them Jesus will forgive them? Let His Holy Spirit convict people, we are to show love. Perfect love casts out all fear. When Jesus preached hard, he was preaching at the 'spiritual leaders' of their day. But to the sinners, He reached out to them. I think the first 11 verses of Matthew 18 shows us how God feels about (http://www.agministries.org/2009/10/matthew-18-abuse-of-spiritual-authority.html) judgmental condemning Christians. When we judge, He judges us.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM said...

Molly, I was reflecting upon how God still speaks to us in spite of a false prophet. His voice can be louder if we allow ourselves to close our mind to the outside and listen to His voice. He said "My Sheep know My voice".

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM said...

Ruth, yes I agree. They are also turning away some of their sweetest members of The Body. Christians who know the truth see it happening and they are walking away from such fellowships. God says, "Come out from among them and be ye separate" That verse i snot isolated to coming out from among drunkards or thieves. Or even just the secular world in general. We are to flee when we see the false works of Christianity too. But we need to be careful. That could create in us the same judgmental spirit against them too.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM said...

True Rose, Christ our Lord does the healing. He takes away what we can not get rid of on our own. And Jesus still heals like he did back then. :)

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

You're welcome Dawn.

TeriLynne, you have an amazingly loving heart. I am in awe of that, as a pastor's wife. I mean this with love and respect, but I don't know too many pastor's wives quite like you.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM said...

True Devildogswife, we are to hate sin, but if we're not careful that hate of sin spills over onto the sinner. We need to ask God to show us the balance and for Him to balance us out.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 20, 2009 at 8:23 AM said...

Aurora, you wrote about the thirst. The thirst will get greater and the darkness will too. That's when His light WILL shine SO bright and when they simply taste the Living Water they will be begging for it. What we've seen for so many years is His Light dimming behind the dark judgment of His people towards 'sinners'.

{ Jennifer @ Quiverfull Family } at: October 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

I'm back again, and after reading through these comments once more I felt lead to share something from my own experiences.

Before coming to Christ I was a self-identified bi-sexual, polyamorist in strong support of homosexual marriages - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What led me to my Saviour however, was the unrelenting drawing action of the Holy Spirit guiding me towards Jesus, igniting a passion within me to know Him, and of course the burden of my sins (which I could not identify as such at the time).

It was not the condemnation, judgement or pointing out of my sins that led me into His arms. I did however have Christian neighbours who were willing to talk to me about their faith when I asked - to simply share their reasons for belief, to be there and extend a hand in friendship.

As a newborn Christian I argued with God about the legitimacy of homosexual relationships, but He changed my mind (funny how he works that way). And He changed me from the inside out, He took away those persistent, nagging, insatiable and unconquerable desires. He conquered them for me.

HE changed me, and continues to do so! And all without the efforts of any angry or abusive religious folks. What an amazing God we serve! He is able :).

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM said...

Jennifer, Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony!

Anonymous at: November 4, 2009 at 7:38 AM said...

The Lord has been speaking very clearly to me about this also and I've felt He will speak to many of his sheep. God is also showing me that both homosexuals and the entire next generation, our youth, need to see the genuine love of Christ regardless of how they look or dress. There are many hurt souls lying wounded in the battlefield of the war Christians have unjustly waged on them. God will show them to us. All we have to do is help them up and show them His love. He will do the rest!

{ Sisterlisa } at: November 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM said...

Hello Anonymous, I completely agree.

Share SLF