Reflect and Meditate

by Jenny

I was sitting in my living room on Sunday, all was quiet, unnusually quiet. So, I sat and I thought, and then I heard.....the sounds of birds tweeting, I could see the birds jumping from branch to branch. I could hear and smell spring in the air, as everything was coming to life.

How often do we miss this, in the humdrum of daily life. Do we ever stop to think, to breathe, to meditate on God's wonderful creation?

Luke 12:27 says," Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

In other words, we shouldn't overwork ourselves, and certainly never give ourselves over to worry. Worry is destructive and only seeks to eat us up. If we truly claim the promises of God, we know he will provide our needs, and if we ever feel doubtful, just sit back and think about all the ways God has provided in our lives. At one time I used to right everything down in a notebook. We serve an awesome God, he will never leave us wanting. We may never have lots of wealth in this life, but we have the Lord, who is to be treasured above all. God never promises us a bed of roses, but we have the confidence to know, He will provide.

That is why I enjoy hanging washing out on a fair day, I am able to reflect and meditate on the Lord, something that is easily lost in today's noisy technology driven society.



Jenny is a Christian home educating Mum of 9 blessings, living in the flat plains of England's green and pleasant land. She blogs at Be Fruitful.


Stumble This!






Share God's Love with Greeting Cards by DaySpring






0 *click here* to dialogue with us:

Share SLF