Come Drink Freely

The thoughts contained in this post is something that is very near to my heart. This is a very strong message of correction and a stark reminder to all of those who call themselves 'Christians' My friend Leonard Sweet shared a link through his very avid Twitter stream and it posted to his Facebook wall, which is where I happened upon it. This 'news' article shows numerous anti-religion posters that are, what many Christians would call, extreme. Please don't shy away from what I am about to share here. I come to you with my whole heart wide open about this topic and I have seen many multifaceted sides to this anti-religion/anti-sin campaign that non believers and believers have been battling about for centuries.

I have come to the place in my walkabout with God where I have begun to see these two sides from a different perspective. I'd also like to say that I have been part of both sides of this battle and now I am in the place where my pendulum is neither far right nor far left. My heart's pendulum has rested and now I see both sides..as if I'm seeing it from the outside looking in. As I stand here in the resting place, watching these pendulums of life, I am saddened. My heart breaks. I wonder...is God's heart breaking too? God, our Creator...Creator of the human lives that are in battle against one another. If you have clicked the link and seen the article and the posters..and you're still with me thus far..thank you. I do hope you'll keep reading. But please open your heart and your mind to God in this matter.

Not only do we see this anti-religion campaign, but there is another 'anti' campaign that throws around just as much 'garbage' as the anti-religion groups do. It's the anti-sin message. Now before you exit out of your screen, I hope that if you know my heart at all you'll know that I'm not going to take sides in this matter and I truly have something I'd like to say and have my words and my heart clearly heard and understood. While you may see the posters and think "What is this message of HATE about?" Please consider  the message of hate they are seeing. There is 'hate' on both sides. 

The 'Gospel' is "Good News', not 'hate news'. And we wonder why the anti-religion crowd 'hates' the 'gospel'? Perhaps they have been given the false gospel. Jesus came to bring Good News. Unto us a child is given..who became a man..and gave Himself FOR US, to reconcile MANKIND to Father. Jesus died for us, while we were STILL sinners. He loved us when we were in our mother's wombs. Before we could ever hold up any 'anti' sign and knowing full well we would. Jesus gave his life for both 'anti' groups and all those in between. He leveled the 'playing field'. But mankind keeps drawing the line and choosing sides.

While I have no idea what is in the hearts of those who made and who are producing those anti-religion posters..I can see a glimpse of something...let me share with you what we are finding in this ministry God has put us in... 'religion' that spreads fear and control has very much turned people away from said 'religion' There is a dynamic involved in different genres of people revolving around and within 'religion' ...oh it is so multifaceted. There are people who have been so brutally hurt by 'religion'. God has put us in a place of ministering to such people. 

Yes, they are hostile..they are angry..bottom line..they are hurting. I think we can all see very clearly that there are 'clergy' who have spiritually abused people for many years and that kind of fear-mongering control has spread and is multiplying...to the point of many people leaving the religious systems they once endeared as 'the church'. This has been happening in numerous congregations and denominations..even those who call themselves 'non-denominational' But rest assured..even though we see people of this nature (the ones making the posters) there are many more than that who have clearly seen the problem in the churches, and yes they have left the system..but they are walking out the Love of Christ outside the system. It's as if there is a whole new 'face of evangelism' that is rather 'apostolic' in nature. And they are loving those that are hurting. Bringing the healing of His Spirit with them. So while we may not like the anti-religion posters... there is a lot of truth in them. 

Because THAT is the kind of 'Christianity' that has been introduced to the people who are making those posters.

So here is our mission..my dear believers... to be missional, relational, and incarnational..as Leonard so eloquently wrote in his book, 'So Beautiful'...instead of trying to build a 'church' we need to begin 'being' the 'church'. Christ is the Head and we are the Body. Christ and the Body are one and I just don't see how Christ would hold up a sign that says 'God hates you' when He stretched out his arms to proclaim to the world "GOD LOVES YOU!"

{Revelation 22:17} The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." Let anyone who hears this say, "Come." Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.


Stumble This!

Share God's Love with Greeting Cards by DaySpring

2 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ flamekeepers } at: August 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

Very good, Sisterlisa. This is what I am trying to say in my posts and notes. I just wish I could say it with less words.

I remember a sermon once "The truth is in the middle" by Jentzen Franklin. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

The best sermon I have ever heard was one by T.D. Jakes on the "The locusts are coming." - talking about them not needing a leader, but how they still hang together because of the wind. On their own strength they can jump as much as 200 feet, but if they wait on the wind they travel miles and people run in fear.

In the New testament everything gets turned on its head. So the locusts are destroying evil by loving the hell out of people and staying unified by the Holy Spirit, and it is an unstoppable force.

Great one!

{ flamekeepers } at: August 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

Very good, Sisterlisa. This is what I am trying to say in my posts and notes. I just wish I could say it with less words.

I remember a sermon once "The truth is in the middle" by Jentzen Franklin. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

The best sermon I have ever heard was one by T.D. Jakes on the "The locusts are coming." - talking about them not needing a leader, but how they still hang together because of the wind. On their own strength they can jump as much as 200 feet, but if they wait on the wind they travel miles and people run in fear.

In the New testament everything gets turned on its head. So the locusts are destroying evil by loving the hell out of people and staying unified by the Holy Spirit, and it is an unstoppable force.

Great one!

Share SLF