Picturesque Grace

Emily at Chatting at the Sky has a beautiful meme today about finding a photo that speaks grace to you. You can join her and the other bloggers today here.

This photo speaks grace to me. I captured this at a local park and I love the fence that ends... this may sound very different to you..perhaps out-of-the-box different..a different perspective..of an 'upside down kingdom' as Ann so eloquently calls it.

I lived many years in-the-box kingdom of strict boundaries and at the time I needed those boundaries because my life was an absolute mess. But those boundaries became my religion and faith ceased to really thrive in my life. Then God took those boundaries and opened the gate to His Kingdom where I saw the boundaries end..that was scary to say the least.

How can I walk in this world without boundaries and stay out of trouble?

He says patiently back to my doubting heart, "by faith".

I ask again how I could possibly be stable in the world without boundaries and

He mercifully whispers back to my fearful heart, "love will keep you close."

Not grasping what He was trying to teach me I hesitantly ask again, "but what if I fall?"

To which He boldly proclaims, "you will, but I am merciful."

The life in Christ is not one where we never fall. Paul wrestled with his thorn, Peter thrashed in denial, and Thomas shook with doubt, but God is rich in mercy.

The boundaries are not my anchor, Christ is my Anchor and storms will come and toss the waves of the sea all around us. If we live by boundaries alone, we cease to walk by faith..so this is my picturesque grace. The life where boundaries cease to be my religion and freedom is given, in which I recieve, by faith in Christ.

fence by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere




Stumble This!


Share God's Love with Greeting Cards by DaySpring

4 *click here* to dialogue with us:

{ Richella } at: October 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM said...

Amen, and amen!

Thank God for the boundaries that serve a good purpose. . . and thank God for the freedom to walk outside of all others!

I love that photo. Thank you for sharing it.

{ emily freeman } at: October 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM said...

Ok this? Is a perfect picture of grace. I love it! I lived for so long behind that fence, too. When I finally began to see the beauty of love and grace and connection, there was such freedom. Your fence image will stay with me for a long time to come. Thank you!

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM said...

Emily,
Have you seen the episode of Little House when Mary went to the blind school? She had to be trained how to live by using her hands in her everyday living...holding onto things and scared she'd fail? Then when her parents came and she was able to serve them meals and live as if she could see..because she found her 'footing'. So now imagine if she had refused to live as if she could 'see' and kept living according to the training time..always holding on..never leaving that school... I was 'still in school' for far too long and became dependent on it. I was so fearful that I would demand everyone else live like me..out of fear they would fall too.

Boundaries are good for us, but not meant to be leaned on every moment of every day...there comes a time when we can let go and walk as if we 'see'..because it is He who gives us vision.

{ Sisterlisa } at: October 26, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

Hi Richella,

Yes..there is always a purpose and some boundaries we can walk away from. :)

Thank you both for coming by..so glad the article touched you both.

Share SLF